Wednesday, December 26, 2012
Hood River Lions Club will pick up your Christmas tree if you place it by the curb before 10 a.m. on Jan. 5.
There’s no charge for the service but the club will gladly welcome donations. Lions will collect at the door or leave donation envelopes in exchange for every tree they remove.
As it did last Christmas, the City of Hood River is supporting the project by making space available for tree drops.
More like this story
- On Stage for Christmas
- Gorge Kids in Action — filling a wish list for others
- Looking for fun? Try mini-golf this weekend
- Warm gifts: Parkhurst says thank you
- Hospice Youth thanks veterans for their service
- Lions grocery contest winners announced
- Columbia Art Center ‘Nook’ features artist Steve Stegall
- Letters to the Editor for Nov. 28
- Minoru Yasui: Governor adds to Hood River native’s Presidential Medal of Freedom honor
- Class of ’66 seeks classmates
A live hive
A tree containing a live colony of bees blew down in a local family's front yard. Find out what happened next by reading the story here: bit.ly/1MJKdu2. Enlarge