Wednesday, December 26, 2012
Hood River Lions Club will pick up your Christmas tree if you place it by the curb before 10 a.m. on Jan. 5.
There’s no charge for the service but the club will gladly welcome donations. Lions will collect at the door or leave donation envelopes in exchange for every tree they remove.
As it did last Christmas, the City of Hood River is supporting the project by making space available for tree drops.
More like this story
- Columbia Gorge Express bus starts Memorial Day weekend
- Missing woman reported, last seen in Stevenson
- Mad Hatter’s Tea Party fun
- Memorial Day Weekend events … and beyond
- DRAGON DASH
- Acute story
- Memorial Day service, May 29 at Idlewilde
- Sports briefs for May 27
- Columbia Gorge Genealogical Society meets June 10 at Discovery Center
- The Dalles museums offer free admission for military
Hood River firefighters battle Heights blaze
Hood River firefighters tackled an early morning fire at an answering service in the Heights Wednesday morning. The 1 a.m fire was caused by an electrical panel and eventually gutted the office. Enlarge