Wednesday, December 26, 2012
This week volunteers at Adopt A Dog have selected Pancho as the program’s adoptable pet of the week. They describe him as follows:
This wonderful, handsome, 5-year-old border collie/heeler mix (we really don’t see much heeler in him) came to the shelter sporting the name Poncho, but has been nicknamed Paz (Spanish for peace) because he is such a peaceful dog.
“He is very sensitive and loves everybody of all ages (well, except for maybe unneutered male dogs), and he gets his feelings hurt if anybody (human or other dog) says an unkind word. He is very calm, walks well on a leash and loves car rides.
“Paz was raised in a family with kids and was sadly relinquished by his owner due to a change in living situation. He has never lived indoors so needs to learn some indoor manners, but he’s learning quickly, since he’s so smart. Paz already relishes being inside with a nice soft bed and the attention he gets from volunteers, but he’s looking forward to a nice new owner to call his own!”
He will be neutered and micro-chipped soon and is current on vaccinations. His $185 adoption fee is charged to recoup standard veterinary expenses.
Please call ahead to meet Paz at the Hukari Animal Shelter, 3910 Heron Drive, Odell; 541-354-1083. Adoption hours are Wednesdays from 5-7 p.m. and Saturdays from 9-11 a.m. Applications may be downloaded at www.hood-riveradoptadog.org and faxed to 877-833-7166.
The Adopt A Dog program offers 24PetWatch microchips, which include free registration into the 24PetWatch pet recovery service.
(For more information visit www.24petwatch.com or call 866-597-2424.)
More like this story
- A wish and a zip: Hawks Ridge residents enjoy adventure aloft
- Fascia findings: Acupuncturist Susan Froehlich attends international congress
- ‘Paws for a Cause’ event returns Oct. 15
- Public Records – Circuit Court, September 2015
- Public Records -- Building Permits, city
- Harmony of the Gorge invites women to sing for the holidays
- Providence seeks nominations for 2015 ‘Heart Of Gold’ award
- CHURCH NEWS: Revival in Parkdale, Odell, Hood River
- Learn about tours to support Providence scholarship fund
- Letters to the Editor for Oct. 3
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge