Wednesday, December 26, 2012
Knights of Columbus Free Throw Championship
Open to boys and girls ages 10-14, this annual contest draws a strong turnout to Hood River Valley High School’s Vannet Court. The event is set for Jan. 7, 9 a.m. to noon. Don’t be late! For more information call organizer Frank Wall at 541-354-1505.
Elks National Free Throw Contest
Winners earn trophies in this “Hoop Shoot” contest. Running alongside the Knights of Columbus contest, the event is from 9 a.m. to noon on Jan. 4 at Hood River Valley High School and is open to kids ages 8-13. For more information call organizer Frank Wall at 541-354-1505.
Register now for youth basketball
Youth basketball camp for grades 3-8 runs from 9 a.m. to noon Jan. 2-4. Middle school girls baskeball starts Jan. 7 for grades 7-8 and youth basketball league for grades 3-6 starts Jan. 7. Register in advance for these through Hood River Community Education at www.hoodriver.k12.or.us/coe or 541-386-2055.
Wheat scores 25 in HRV win over Centennial
The Hood River Valley High School varsity boys baskeball team picked up a 60-57 win last week at Centennial. Ryan Wheat scored 25 points against the 6A Portland team. RJ Chavez had 16 points. The team hosts South Albany Jan. 2 at 7 p.m.
More like this story
- Lorang Fine Art open house will be Oct. 4
- Body of missing paddle boarder found in Columbia River
- Lummi Totem visits Hood River
- Living with Smoke
- Toward a healthier HRV: Health Center serves students this fall
- CL Port hosts Aug. 29 Bridge of the Gods walk
- Lost hiker, 75, found safe at Laurance Lake
- Brian Stenberg returns to his roots as Horizon’s new A.D.
- In its fifth running, Paddle Challenge is bigger than ever
- Cougar Creek fire creeps north
Helicopter searches for hiker
BLACKHAWK helicopter flies over Mt. Hood National Forest near Laurance Lake on Friday, Aug. 21. The military aircraft was called in to help police seek a missing hiker from The Dalles. Enlarge