Wednesday, December 26, 2012
Knights of Columbus Free Throw Championship
Open to boys and girls ages 10-14, this annual contest draws a strong turnout to Hood River Valley High School’s Vannet Court. The event is set for Jan. 7, 9 a.m. to noon. Don’t be late! For more information call organizer Frank Wall at 541-354-1505.
Elks National Free Throw Contest
Winners earn trophies in this “Hoop Shoot” contest. Running alongside the Knights of Columbus contest, the event is from 9 a.m. to noon on Jan. 4 at Hood River Valley High School and is open to kids ages 8-13. For more information call organizer Frank Wall at 541-354-1505.
Register now for youth basketball
Youth basketball camp for grades 3-8 runs from 9 a.m. to noon Jan. 2-4. Middle school girls baskeball starts Jan. 7 for grades 7-8 and youth basketball league for grades 3-6 starts Jan. 7. Register in advance for these through Hood River Community Education at www.hoodriver.k12.or.us/coe or 541-386-2055.
Wheat scores 25 in HRV win over Centennial
The Hood River Valley High School varsity boys baskeball team picked up a 60-57 win last week at Centennial. Ryan Wheat scored 25 points against the 6A Portland team. RJ Chavez had 16 points. The team hosts South Albany Jan. 2 at 7 p.m.
More like this story
- A wish and a zip: Hawks Ridge residents enjoy adventure aloft
- Fascia findings: Acupuncturist Susan Froehlich attends international congress
- ‘Paws for a Cause’ event returns Oct. 15
- Public Records – Circuit Court, September 2015
- Public Records -- Building Permits, city
- Harmony of the Gorge invites women to sing for the holidays
- Providence seeks nominations for 2015 ‘Heart Of Gold’ award
- CHURCH NEWS: Revival in Parkdale, Odell, Hood River
- Learn about tours to support Providence scholarship fund
- Letters to the Editor for Oct. 3
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge