Wednesday, December 26, 2012
Knights of Columbus Free Throw Championship
Open to boys and girls ages 10-14, this annual contest draws a strong turnout to Hood River Valley High School’s Vannet Court. The event is set for Jan. 7, 9 a.m. to noon. Don’t be late! For more information call organizer Frank Wall at 541-354-1505.
Elks National Free Throw Contest
Winners earn trophies in this “Hoop Shoot” contest. Running alongside the Knights of Columbus contest, the event is from 9 a.m. to noon on Jan. 4 at Hood River Valley High School and is open to kids ages 8-13. For more information call organizer Frank Wall at 541-354-1505.
Register now for youth basketball
Youth basketball camp for grades 3-8 runs from 9 a.m. to noon Jan. 2-4. Middle school girls baskeball starts Jan. 7 for grades 7-8 and youth basketball league for grades 3-6 starts Jan. 7. Register in advance for these through Hood River Community Education at www.hoodriver.k12.or.us/coe or 541-386-2055.
Wheat scores 25 in HRV win over Centennial
The Hood River Valley High School varsity boys baskeball team picked up a 60-57 win last week at Centennial. Ryan Wheat scored 25 points against the 6A Portland team. RJ Chavez had 16 points. The team hosts South Albany Jan. 2 at 7 p.m.
More like this story
- Raffle winner announced
- ‘Santa’s Surprise’ comes to WAAAM
- Police Log, Nov. 20 to 26
- CGCAN hosts holiday party Dec. 20
- Lighted fire trucks roll Dec. 11 to 13
- Letters to the Editor for Dec. 9
- Good Cheer: Small adjustments keep help flowing
- Editor's Notebook: A modest, six-figure solution to NCAA coaching salary excess
- Church News: Updated for Dec. 9 edition
- HRV girls basketball win in the final seconds at home
Advertisement: The Men of Black Friday
The secret agents of Big Winds may not exactly be Tommy Lee Jones oand Will Smith, but they still discovered there is plenty of strangeness to be found in Hood River...especially once winter sets in. Enlarge