Wednesday, December 26, 2012
Knights of Columbus Free Throw Championship
Open to boys and girls ages 10-14, this annual contest draws a strong turnout to Hood River Valley High School’s Vannet Court. The event is set for Jan. 7, 9 a.m. to noon. Don’t be late! For more information call organizer Frank Wall at 541-354-1505.
Elks National Free Throw Contest
Winners earn trophies in this “Hoop Shoot” contest. Running alongside the Knights of Columbus contest, the event is from 9 a.m. to noon on Jan. 4 at Hood River Valley High School and is open to kids ages 8-13. For more information call organizer Frank Wall at 541-354-1505.
Register now for youth basketball
Youth basketball camp for grades 3-8 runs from 9 a.m. to noon Jan. 2-4. Middle school girls baskeball starts Jan. 7 for grades 7-8 and youth basketball league for grades 3-6 starts Jan. 7. Register in advance for these through Hood River Community Education at www.hoodriver.k12.or.us/coe or 541-386-2055.
Wheat scores 25 in HRV win over Centennial
The Hood River Valley High School varsity boys baskeball team picked up a 60-57 win last week at Centennial. Ryan Wheat scored 25 points against the 6A Portland team. RJ Chavez had 16 points. The team hosts South Albany Jan. 2 at 7 p.m.
More like this story
- Library announces Odell bus service
- Learn the art of personal storytelling
- Steelhead, Chinook fishing clinic Feb. 27
- Help library win ‘Million Page Challenge’
- Church News: Nazarene’s install new pastor
- Letters to the Editor for Feb. 6
- MAILS and Marijuana: Legislators right to work to stamp out a bad, old regulation
- Entertainment Update for Feb. 6
- The Porch: Feb. 6
- ‘Pass The Pig’: HRVHS plans FFA Week events