Wednesday, December 26, 2012
For more than 35 years in the Gorge, the AARP Tax-Aide program has been operating with volunteers to prepare taxes for senior citizens and low- to moderate-income persons, free of charge. New volunteers are always welcome.
There are six possible days of training in January — Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays for two weeks — beginning Jan. 9 in The Dalles. After that, passing a test is required for certification. Self-study or online training is also possible.
Volunteers prepare returns using Tax-wise on IRS-loaned laptops.
For more information or to volunteer, call Ronell Currie at 541-478-3461.
More like this story
- Pick of the Week: Westside forum July 26
- Fair Time: HOOD RIVER COUNTY FAIR — ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW
- YESTERYEARS: ‘Lassie’ films in HR in 1947
- Daily Bread: Blame it on The Moon
- McAlexanders celebrate 50th anniversary
- Hood River Library hosts Death Café
- Police Log, July 17 to 23
- Sheriff Log, July 16 to 22
- Biologists give mixed news for Columbia steelhead
- Pet of the Week: Charlie is happy and playful
Peter Marbach hurries to save his tent from the wind
Peter Marbach comes to the rescue of his wind blown tent. Enlarge