Wednesday, December 26, 2012
For more than 35 years in the Gorge, the AARP Tax-Aide program has been operating with volunteers to prepare taxes for senior citizens and low- to moderate-income persons, free of charge. New volunteers are always welcome.
There are six possible days of training in January — Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays for two weeks — beginning Jan. 9 in The Dalles. After that, passing a test is required for certification. Self-study or online training is also possible.
Volunteers prepare returns using Tax-wise on IRS-loaned laptops.
For more information or to volunteer, call Ronell Currie at 541-478-3461.
More like this story
- HRMS teacher studies in Germany
- Police Log, Aug. 17 to 23
- Sheriff Log, Aug. 14 to 24
- Soccer Assist: Kudos for thoughtful behind-scenes work
- Letters to the Editor for Aug. 29
- Editor's Notebook: Roanoke tragedy asks, ‘are we slaves to our technology?’
- Gorge Kids Tri adds music fest to lineup
- The Porch for Aug. 29
- Entertainment Update for Aug. 29
- Walmart sells 16.3 acres to Ryan’s Juice
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge