Wednesday, December 26, 2012
For more than 35 years in the Gorge, the AARP Tax-Aide program has been operating with volunteers to prepare taxes for senior citizens and low- to moderate-income persons, free of charge. New volunteers are always welcome.
There are six possible days of training in January — Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays for two weeks — beginning Jan. 9 in The Dalles. After that, passing a test is required for certification. Self-study or online training is also possible.
Volunteers prepare returns using Tax-wise on IRS-loaned laptops.
For more information or to volunteer, call Ronell Currie at 541-478-3461.
More like this story
- HRVHS Speech and Debate finds tournament success
- Rocket building class Nov. 22
- Business Notes for Nov. 18
- Church News: Interfaith Thanksgiving service Nov. 20 in White Salmon
- Northwest author pens book of hunting stories
- HAHRC BEATS: Preventing type 2 diabetes begins with changes
- US Postal Service debuts Alzheimer’s fundraising stamp
- Oregon State Parks celebrate ‘Green Friday’
- Letters to the Editor for Nov. 18
- Kegler's Corner: Randy’s Painting Tops Industrial
Blasting on I84
Blasting on I84 Enlarge