Wednesday, December 26, 2012
For more than 35 years in the Gorge, the AARP Tax-Aide program has been operating with volunteers to prepare taxes for senior citizens and low- to moderate-income persons, free of charge. New volunteers are always welcome.
There are six possible days of training in January — Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays for two weeks — beginning Jan. 9 in The Dalles. After that, passing a test is required for certification. Self-study or online training is also possible.
Volunteers prepare returns using Tax-wise on IRS-loaned laptops.
For more information or to volunteer, call Ronell Currie at 541-478-3461.
More like this story
- On Stage for Christmas
- Gorge Kids in Action — filling a wish list for others
- Looking for fun? Try mini-golf this weekend
- Warm gifts: Parkhurst says thank you
- Hospice Youth thanks veterans for their service
- Lions grocery contest winners announced
- Columbia Art Center ‘Nook’ features artist Steve Stegall
- Letters to the Editor for Nov. 28
- Minoru Yasui: Governor adds to Hood River native’s Presidential Medal of Freedom honor
- Class of ’66 seeks classmates
A live hive
A tree containing a live colony of bees blew down in a local family's front yard. Find out what happened next by reading the story here: bit.ly/1MJKdu2. Enlarge