Wednesday, December 26, 2012
The History Museum of Hood River County is holding volunteer orientations in January. Community members are invited to be a part of The History Museum as it begins its next chapter.
Volunteer opportunities at the museum include docents, research assistants, event planners and more. Orientation will cover the new museum space and programs and updated volunteer procedures for both new and returning volunteers.
Two sessions are offered, but volunteers are only required to attend one, since both cover the same material. The dates are Thursday, Jan. 10, at 1 p.m., and Friday, Jan. 11, at 10 a.m.
For more information contact Carly Squyres, volunteer coordinator, at 541-386-6772 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The museum is located at 300 E. Marina Drive in Hood River.
More like this story
- Yesteryears: Summer heatwave hits valley in 1936
- Roots and Branches: Grandkids, softball, memories
- ‘Before I Die’ encourages reflection
- Color Run for Haiti
- How does July 4, 2016, Stack Up?
- Keep fireworks legal, and safe
- Letters to the Editor for June 29
- ‘Weed of the Month for June’ is the invasive Scotch broom
- Pet of the Week: Jack is ‘full of energy and fun’
- Fire season is here: enjoy yourself, safely and legally
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge