Wednesday, December 26, 2012
The History Museum of Hood River County is holding volunteer orientations in January. Community members are invited to be a part of The History Museum as it begins its next chapter.
Volunteer opportunities at the museum include docents, research assistants, event planners and more. Orientation will cover the new museum space and programs and updated volunteer procedures for both new and returning volunteers.
Two sessions are offered, but volunteers are only required to attend one, since both cover the same material. The dates are Thursday, Jan. 10, at 1 p.m., and Friday, Jan. 11, at 10 a.m.
For more information contact Carly Squyres, volunteer coordinator, at 541-386-6772 or email@example.com.
The museum is located at 300 E. Marina Drive in Hood River.
More like this story
- YESTERYEARS: New Safeway store on Second and Cascade expected in 1947
- Pritchett, Haskins to wed
- Roots and Branches: Cherry Harvest
- Pick of the Week: Children’s Park public meeting July 20
- Travelogue: Panama
- Another Voice: Juntos program ‘critical to success of students in their education’
- Editor's Notebook: By George, one’s own name is a basic sweet spot in your sense of identity
- Letters to the Editor for July 19
- Another Voice: Preserve our agricultural heritage by making Tanner Ranch a park
- The comfort of quilts: Comfort Quilt Project underway at Providence Hood River Memorial Hospital
Peter Marbach hurries to save his tent from the wind
Peter Marbach comes to the rescue of his wind blown tent. Enlarge