Friday, December 28, 2012
The Dalles Art Center is announcing the upcoming Mid-Columbia juried art exhibit for middle and high school students. The exhibit will run Tuesday, Feb. 5, through Saturday, March 2.
Entries will be accepted Tuesday, Jan. 29, through Saturday, Feb. 2.
Cash awards will be presented at the reception for Best of Show, Judges’ Choice and People’s Choice.
n Only one entry per student will be accepted
n Students must reside and attend school in the mid-Columbia region
n Entries must be the student’s own work (original encouraged and preferred)
n Flat work must be neatly presented and ready to hang on a hook.
n Sculptures and 3-D work must be ready to display on a pedestal
Entry forms are at The Dalles Art Center, mid-Columbia middle and high schools and online at thedallesartcenter.org.
Closing reception will be at The Dalles Art Center on Saturday, March 2, from 2-4 p.m. Sponsoring the show and awards is Ernie’s Locks and Keys and Kiwanis.
The Dalles Art Center is located at 220 E. Fourth St., The Dalles, OR 97058; phone 541-296-4759.
More like this story
- Author signing event at Waucoma Sept. 2
- Public records: Marriage permits, Aug. 1 to 22
- Pet of the Week: Bentley will make you wonder how you lived without him
- Genealogical Society meets Sept. 10
- ‘Our Whole Lives’ sexuality class for middle schoolers starts in fall
- A pastor called to a new house: Anna Carmichael of St. Mark's accepts position in California, passes Warming Shelter baton
- First Windermere golf tournament raises $6,000 for Stevenson Program
- Season Preview: Volleyball
- New teachers and licensed staff join Hood River County Schools
- Who says there’s no more summer fun?
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge