Friday, December 28, 2012
The Dalles Art Center is announcing the upcoming Mid-Columbia juried art exhibit for middle and high school students. The exhibit will run Tuesday, Feb. 5, through Saturday, March 2.
Entries will be accepted Tuesday, Jan. 29, through Saturday, Feb. 2.
Cash awards will be presented at the reception for Best of Show, Judges’ Choice and People’s Choice.
n Only one entry per student will be accepted
n Students must reside and attend school in the mid-Columbia region
n Entries must be the student’s own work (original encouraged and preferred)
n Flat work must be neatly presented and ready to hang on a hook.
n Sculptures and 3-D work must be ready to display on a pedestal
Entry forms are at The Dalles Art Center, mid-Columbia middle and high schools and online at thedallesartcenter.org.
Closing reception will be at The Dalles Art Center on Saturday, March 2, from 2-4 p.m. Sponsoring the show and awards is Ernie’s Locks and Keys and Kiwanis.
The Dalles Art Center is located at 220 E. Fourth St., The Dalles, OR 97058; phone 541-296-4759.
More like this story
- ‘Operation Dry Water’ this weekend
- The Next Door marks 45 years
- Letter to the Editor for June 25
- No to oil trains
- Another Voice: Trains in the Columbia Gorge are going in the wrong direction
- Another Voice: Parks District should focus efforts on a west side site, not Barrett property
- HRV students earn Ford Foundation scholarships
- This summer, 'Have a Free Book'
- New varsity basketball coaches Christopher Dirks and Donnie Herneisen look to reinvigorate HRV program
- Sports Briefs for June 25
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge