Friday, December 28, 2012
The Dalles Art Center is announcing the upcoming Mid-Columbia juried art exhibit for middle and high school students. The exhibit will run Tuesday, Feb. 5, through Saturday, March 2.
Entries will be accepted Tuesday, Jan. 29, through Saturday, Feb. 2.
Cash awards will be presented at the reception for Best of Show, Judges’ Choice and People’s Choice.
n Only one entry per student will be accepted
n Students must reside and attend school in the mid-Columbia region
n Entries must be the student’s own work (original encouraged and preferred)
n Flat work must be neatly presented and ready to hang on a hook.
n Sculptures and 3-D work must be ready to display on a pedestal
Entry forms are at The Dalles Art Center, mid-Columbia middle and high schools and online at thedallesartcenter.org.
Closing reception will be at The Dalles Art Center on Saturday, March 2, from 2-4 p.m. Sponsoring the show and awards is Ernie’s Locks and Keys and Kiwanis.
The Dalles Art Center is located at 220 E. Fourth St., The Dalles, OR 97058; phone 541-296-4759.
More like this story
- Hawk Migration Festival Sept. 23
- Rain eases Eagle Creek Fire, evacuations lifted
- Death Notices for Sept. 19 edition: John Wishart, Linda Fowler, William Weis, James Clifton and Crisoforo Galvan-Herrera
- Service Announcement for Sept. 20 edition: Charles Hiatt
- Evacuations lifted for all Hood River Valley
- ‘Boot Scootin’ Boogie Ball’ Oct. 7
- Weed of the month: English ivy
- Introduction to geocaching meeting Sept. 30 in Parkdale
- Smithsonian’s ‘Museum Day Live!’ celebrated at local museums
- Remembrance ceremony Oct. 15
Governor visits Hood River during fire
Oregon Gov. Kate Brown visited Hood River Hotel Thursday morning, Sept. 14, discussing economic impacts of the Eagle Creek fire with local business leaders. Attendees included Sen. Chuck Thomsen, Mayor Paul Blackburn, and business representatives from Celilo Restaurant, Double Mountain Brewery and Cascade Locks' The Renewal Workshop. For updates on the fire, stay tuned at www.hoodrivernews.com. Enlarge