Friday, December 28, 2012
The Dalles Art Center is announcing the upcoming Mid-Columbia juried art exhibit for middle and high school students. The exhibit will run Tuesday, Feb. 5, through Saturday, March 2.
Entries will be accepted Tuesday, Jan. 29, through Saturday, Feb. 2.
Cash awards will be presented at the reception for Best of Show, Judges’ Choice and People’s Choice.
n Only one entry per student will be accepted
n Students must reside and attend school in the mid-Columbia region
n Entries must be the student’s own work (original encouraged and preferred)
n Flat work must be neatly presented and ready to hang on a hook.
n Sculptures and 3-D work must be ready to display on a pedestal
Entry forms are at The Dalles Art Center, mid-Columbia middle and high schools and online at thedallesartcenter.org.
Closing reception will be at The Dalles Art Center on Saturday, March 2, from 2-4 p.m. Sponsoring the show and awards is Ernie’s Locks and Keys and Kiwanis.
The Dalles Art Center is located at 220 E. Fourth St., The Dalles, OR 97058; phone 541-296-4759.
More like this story
- On Stage for Christmas
- Gorge Kids in Action — filling a wish list for others
- Looking for fun? Try mini-golf this weekend
- Warm gifts: Parkhurst says thank you
- Hospice Youth thanks veterans for their service
- Lions grocery contest winners announced
- Columbia Art Center ‘Nook’ features artist Steve Stegall
- Letters to the Editor for Nov. 28
- Minoru Yasui: Governor adds to Hood River native’s Presidential Medal of Freedom honor
- Class of ’66 seeks classmates
A live hive
A tree containing a live colony of bees blew down in a local family's front yard. Find out what happened next by reading the story here: bit.ly/1MJKdu2. Enlarge