Friday, December 28, 2012
The Dalles Art Center is announcing the upcoming Mid-Columbia juried art exhibit for middle and high school students. The exhibit will run Tuesday, Feb. 5, through Saturday, March 2.
Entries will be accepted Tuesday, Jan. 29, through Saturday, Feb. 2.
Cash awards will be presented at the reception for Best of Show, Judges’ Choice and People’s Choice.
n Only one entry per student will be accepted
n Students must reside and attend school in the mid-Columbia region
n Entries must be the student’s own work (original encouraged and preferred)
n Flat work must be neatly presented and ready to hang on a hook.
n Sculptures and 3-D work must be ready to display on a pedestal
Entry forms are at The Dalles Art Center, mid-Columbia middle and high schools and online at thedallesartcenter.org.
Closing reception will be at The Dalles Art Center on Saturday, March 2, from 2-4 p.m. Sponsoring the show and awards is Ernie’s Locks and Keys and Kiwanis.
The Dalles Art Center is located at 220 E. Fourth St., The Dalles, OR 97058; phone 541-296-4759.
More like this story
- History Museum offers chance to ‘step back in time’
- Yesteryears: Hood River County Fair draws record crowds in 1986
- FFA, 4-H livestock auction July 29
- Burn ban? No problem, no smoke, if you have a ‘burn box’
- Friends of Mount Adams guide hikes on Sept. 10
- Gehrig’s Chevron hits 70 year mark
- Sheriff Log, July 17 to 23
- Police Log, June 27 to July 8
- Letters to the Editor for July 27
- Local Impact: United Way helps, 'one person at a time'
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge