Friday, December 28, 2012
Freeze your Gizzard Blizzard Dec. 29: This fun run/walk starts at 10 a.m. at The Dalles Waterfront Park and features 3K, 5K and 10K distances. Day-of registration starts at 9 a.m. at the park and is $10 without a shirt and $23 with. Age divisions will be divided in 10-year increments and all proceeds go to Jumpstart Camps scholarship fund.
Last Run and Polar Plunge Dec. 31: Join the Columbia Gorge Running Club for this leisurely 5K starting at 9 a.m. at Skamania County Fairgrounds in Stevenson. The run is free to CGRC members and $2 for non-members. Following the run, join brave souls in a ceremonial Polar Plunge to finish off 2012 with a kick. For more information visit www.columbiagorgerunningclub.com.
More like this story
- Hood River County to direct $550K for park septic fixes
- Second annual ‘Rooted’ story event on Nov. 2
- HRVAC hosts harvest dinner
- Eagle Creek fire info meetings Oct. 17-18 in CL, HR
- Local farm named among ‘Best Places to Pick Apples’
- Colors Day
- Two quilt shows in the Gorge
- Roots and Branches: Principles set in stone
- YESTERYEARS: Cooper Spur district gets electric service in 1947
- Letters to the Editor, Oct. 18 edition
Sixth Annual Harvest Fest Pie Eating Contest
The sixth annual Pie Eating Contest at Hood River Harvest Fest is sponsored by the Chamber of Commerce and HRVHS youth service group Leaders for Tomorrow. HRVHS student Dylan Polewczyk won the 1-minute fruit-pie eating event. Key rule, as stated by Chamber President Jason Shaner, “You have to eat the pie, you can’t just dislocate it. We will be checking for pie dislocation.” Enlarge