Friday, December 28, 2012
Jennifer Lucas of Hood River is among 56 Linfield College students who participated this fall in a Linfield study abroad program.
Lucas, a junior majoring in anthropology, spent the semester in San Ramón, Costa Rica, and living with a host family. She is examining different ecosystems and wildlife, learning the history of the country and participating in service projects with local schools and organizations.
She is the daughter of David and Traci Lucas of Hood River.
Linfield study abroad programs are for students who have completed one or two years of study in a foreign language (Japanese, Spanish, French, Chinese or German) at Linfield and who will return to the college to share their experiences with others.
More like this story
- Parkdale Pumpkin parade, fun run Oct. 29
- HR artist crafts White Salmon sign
- Three appeals filed on UP’s Mosier track project
- Search suspended for west Gorge hiker
- Yesteryears: Trailer-house colony plan to ease housing shortage abandoned in 1946
- Police Log, Oct. 1 to 8
- Letters to the Editor for Oct. 26
- ‘Remember Minoru’: Hood River community honors a civil rights hero
- Entertainment Update for Oct. 26
- The Ale List: pFriem ranks tops in Oregonian brewery list
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge