Friday, December 28, 2012
Jennifer Lucas of Hood River is among 56 Linfield College students who participated this fall in a Linfield study abroad program.
Lucas, a junior majoring in anthropology, spent the semester in San Ramón, Costa Rica, and living with a host family. She is examining different ecosystems and wildlife, learning the history of the country and participating in service projects with local schools and organizations.
She is the daughter of David and Traci Lucas of Hood River.
Linfield study abroad programs are for students who have completed one or two years of study in a foreign language (Japanese, Spanish, French, Chinese or German) at Linfield and who will return to the college to share their experiences with others.
More like this story
- Flags Lowered: Seaside Police Sgt. Jason Goodding
- Library announces Odell bus service
- Learn the art of personal storytelling
- Steelhead, Chinook fishing clinic Feb. 27
- Help library win ‘Million Page Challenge’
- Church News: Nazarene’s install new pastor
- Letters to the Editor for Feb. 6
- MAILS and Marijuana: Legislators right to work to stamp out a bad, old regulation
- Entertainment Update for Feb. 6
- The Porch: Feb. 6