Friday, December 28, 2012
Jennifer Lucas of Hood River is among 56 Linfield College students who participated this fall in a Linfield study abroad program.
Lucas, a junior majoring in anthropology, spent the semester in San Ramón, Costa Rica, and living with a host family. She is examining different ecosystems and wildlife, learning the history of the country and participating in service projects with local schools and organizations.
She is the daughter of David and Traci Lucas of Hood River.
Linfield study abroad programs are for students who have completed one or two years of study in a foreign language (Japanese, Spanish, French, Chinese or German) at Linfield and who will return to the college to share their experiences with others.
More like this story
- ‘Operation Dry Water’ this weekend
- The Next Door marks 45 years
- Letter to the Editor for June 25
- No to oil trains
- Another Voice: Trains in the Columbia Gorge are going in the wrong direction
- Another Voice: Parks District should focus efforts on a west side site, not Barrett property
- HRV students earn Ford Foundation scholarships
- This summer, 'Have a Free Book'
- New varsity basketball coaches Christopher Dirks and Donnie Herneisen look to reinvigorate HRV program
- Sports Briefs for June 25
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge