Friday, December 28, 2012
Jennifer Lucas of Hood River is among 56 Linfield College students who participated this fall in a Linfield study abroad program.
Lucas, a junior majoring in anthropology, spent the semester in San Ramón, Costa Rica, and living with a host family. She is examining different ecosystems and wildlife, learning the history of the country and participating in service projects with local schools and organizations.
She is the daughter of David and Traci Lucas of Hood River.
Linfield study abroad programs are for students who have completed one or two years of study in a foreign language (Japanese, Spanish, French, Chinese or German) at Linfield and who will return to the college to share their experiences with others.
More like this story
- A wish and a zip: Hawks Ridge residents enjoy adventure aloft
- Fascia findings: Acupuncturist Susan Froehlich attends international congress
- ‘Paws for a Cause’ event returns Oct. 15
- Public Records – Circuit Court, September 2015
- Public Records -- Building Permits, city
- Harmony of the Gorge invites women to sing for the holidays
- Providence seeks nominations for 2015 ‘Heart Of Gold’ award
- CHURCH NEWS: Revival in Parkdale, Odell, Hood River
- Learn about tours to support Providence scholarship fund
- Letters to the Editor for Oct. 3
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge