Friday, December 28, 2012
Jennifer Lucas of Hood River is among 56 Linfield College students who participated this fall in a Linfield study abroad program.
Lucas, a junior majoring in anthropology, spent the semester in San Ramón, Costa Rica, and living with a host family. She is examining different ecosystems and wildlife, learning the history of the country and participating in service projects with local schools and organizations.
She is the daughter of David and Traci Lucas of Hood River.
Linfield study abroad programs are for students who have completed one or two years of study in a foreign language (Japanese, Spanish, French, Chinese or German) at Linfield and who will return to the college to share their experiences with others.
More like this story
- History Museum offers chance to ‘step back in time’
- Yesteryears: Hood River County Fair draws record crowds in 1986
- FFA, 4-H livestock auction July 29
- Burn ban? No problem, no smoke, if you have a ‘burn box’
- Friends of Mount Adams guide hikes on Sept. 10
- Gehrig’s Chevron hits 70 year mark
- Sheriff Log, July 17 to 23
- Police Log, June 27 to July 8
- Letters to the Editor for July 27
- Local Impact: United Way helps, 'one person at a time'
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge