Friday, December 28, 2012
Youth camp Jan. 2-4
Youth basketball camp for grades 3-8 will run from 9 a.m. to noon Jan. 2-4 at Hood River Valley High School. HRVHS coaches and varsity players will run the camp. Registration is $40, through Hood River Community Education or at the door.
Free-throw contests Jan. 4
Join the Hood River Elks and the Mid-Columbia Knights of Columbus for a doubleheader of hoops free-throw contests on Friday, Jan. 4. Both contests will run from 9 a.m. to noon at Hood River Valley High School and are open to boys and girls ages 8-14. Entry is free and winners receive trophies.
The Knights of Columbus shoot will be divided into five categories for both boys and girls and the Elks contest will feature boys and girls divisions for ages 8-9, 10-11 and 12-13.
For more information contact Frank Wall at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Middle school girls baskeball starts Jan. 7 for grades 7-8 and youth basketball league for grades 3-6 starts Jan. 7. Register in advance for these through Hood River Community Education at www.hoodriver.k12.or.us/coe or 541-386-2055.
More like this story
- Death notices for Nov. 28
- Service announcement for Nov. 25
- Yesteryears: Postal Route 6 added to HR Postal Service 1975
- Art Sale and Show at CCA
- Wy’east lists first-quarter honor roll
- How to Help, updated for Nov. 25
- Friends of Mt. Adams host ‘Cougar Creek burn’ forum
- Freeze Frames
- Daily Bread: The parting gift
- Travelogue: Family’s two-year sojourn in Bangkok connects them to the people
A live hive
A tree containing a live colony of bees blew down in a local family's front yard. Find out what happened next by reading the story here: bit.ly/1MJKdu2. Enlarge