Friday, December 28, 2012
Youth camp Jan. 2-4
Youth basketball camp for grades 3-8 will run from 9 a.m. to noon Jan. 2-4 at Hood River Valley High School. HRVHS coaches and varsity players will run the camp. Registration is $40, through Hood River Community Education or at the door.
Free-throw contests Jan. 4
Join the Hood River Elks and the Mid-Columbia Knights of Columbus for a doubleheader of hoops free-throw contests on Friday, Jan. 4. Both contests will run from 9 a.m. to noon at Hood River Valley High School and are open to boys and girls ages 8-14. Entry is free and winners receive trophies.
The Knights of Columbus shoot will be divided into five categories for both boys and girls and the Elks contest will feature boys and girls divisions for ages 8-9, 10-11 and 12-13.
For more information contact Frank Wall at email@example.com.
Middle school girls baskeball starts Jan. 7 for grades 7-8 and youth basketball league for grades 3-6 starts Jan. 7. Register in advance for these through Hood River Community Education at www.hoodriver.k12.or.us/coe or 541-386-2055.
More like this story
- Cascade Locks brush fire contained
- Lorang Fine Art open house will be Oct. 4
- Body of missing paddle boarder found in Columbia River
- Lummi Totem visits Hood River
- Living with Smoke
- Toward a healthier HRV: Health Center serves students this fall
- CL Port hosts Aug. 29 Bridge of the Gods walk
- Lost hiker, 75, found safe at Laurance Lake
- Brian Stenberg returns to his roots as Horizon’s new A.D.
- In its fifth running, Paddle Challenge is bigger than ever
Helicopter searches for hiker
BLACKHAWK helicopter flies over Mt. Hood National Forest near Laurance Lake on Friday, Aug. 21. The military aircraft was called in to help police seek a missing hiker from The Dalles. Enlarge