Friday, December 28, 2012
Youth camp Jan. 2-4
Youth basketball camp for grades 3-8 will run from 9 a.m. to noon Jan. 2-4 at Hood River Valley High School. HRVHS coaches and varsity players will run the camp. Registration is $40, through Hood River Community Education or at the door.
Free-throw contests Jan. 4
Join the Hood River Elks and the Mid-Columbia Knights of Columbus for a doubleheader of hoops free-throw contests on Friday, Jan. 4. Both contests will run from 9 a.m. to noon at Hood River Valley High School and are open to boys and girls ages 8-14. Entry is free and winners receive trophies.
The Knights of Columbus shoot will be divided into five categories for both boys and girls and the Elks contest will feature boys and girls divisions for ages 8-9, 10-11 and 12-13.
For more information contact Frank Wall at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Middle school girls baskeball starts Jan. 7 for grades 7-8 and youth basketball league for grades 3-6 starts Jan. 7. Register in advance for these through Hood River Community Education at www.hoodriver.k12.or.us/coe or 541-386-2055.
More like this story
- Gorge quilters featured in area shows this summer and fall
- Entertainment Update for July 30
- ‘American Pickers’ seeks local troves
- Richard Tillinghast concert at library Aug 10
- Gorge Soup art grant applications due Aug. 20
- Elections 2016: Gudman talks state treasurer bid during Hood River visit
- Ways of the Wind: July weather a windfall
- ‘Officer Friendly’ Sergeant Jesse Flem retires after 30 years
- Summer construction closes roads in Mount Hood National Forest
- Chief Wells resigns from Fire Dept.
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge