Friday, December 28, 2012
Youth camp Jan. 2-4
Youth basketball camp for grades 3-8 will run from 9 a.m. to noon Jan. 2-4 at Hood River Valley High School. HRVHS coaches and varsity players will run the camp. Registration is $40, through Hood River Community Education or at the door.
Free-throw contests Jan. 4
Join the Hood River Elks and the Mid-Columbia Knights of Columbus for a doubleheader of hoops free-throw contests on Friday, Jan. 4. Both contests will run from 9 a.m. to noon at Hood River Valley High School and are open to boys and girls ages 8-14. Entry is free and winners receive trophies.
The Knights of Columbus shoot will be divided into five categories for both boys and girls and the Elks contest will feature boys and girls divisions for ages 8-9, 10-11 and 12-13.
For more information contact Frank Wall at email@example.com.
Middle school girls baskeball starts Jan. 7 for grades 7-8 and youth basketball league for grades 3-6 starts Jan. 7. Register in advance for these through Hood River Community Education at www.hoodriver.k12.or.us/coe or 541-386-2055.
More like this story
- Late night total bridge closure Tuesday, Oct. 24
- Photos from the Oct. 18 Underwood Fruit fire
- Death notice for Oct. 21 edition: Marc Wixman
- Service announcements for Oct. 21 edition: George Watanabe, Heidi Hansberger and Harrison Peters
- Fire burns Underwood Fruit & Warehouse Wednesday
- Second annual ‘Rooted’ story event on Nov. 2
- HRVAC hosts harvest dinner
- Eagle Creek fire info meetings Oct. 17-18 in CL, HR
- Local farm named among ‘Best Places to Pick Apples’
- Colors Day
Sixth Annual Harvest Fest Pie Eating Contest
The sixth annual Pie Eating Contest at Hood River Harvest Fest is sponsored by the Chamber of Commerce and HRVHS youth service group Leaders for Tomorrow. HRVHS student Dylan Polewczyk won the 1-minute fruit-pie eating event. Key rule, as stated by Chamber President Jason Shaner, “You have to eat the pie, you can’t just dislocate it. We will be checking for pie dislocation.” Enlarge