Friday, February 3, 2012
The Hood River Valley ski team continued its dominance over the Mt. Hood League Saturday with a clean sweep of the top spots in individual and team standings in a giant slalom race at Middle Fork at Mt. Hood Meadows.
The Eagle girls took the top five individual spots and seven of the top 10. The Eagle boys placed three in the top 10, which was more than enough to win. Austin Keillor beat Eric Callahan of Grant for the top spot by 1.23 seconds with a total time of 1:32.57. Ryan Colesar finished third for HRV with a time of 1:35.84. Ben Fischer was the other Eagle in the top 10, placing eighth.
For the girls, Korey Cimock came in first with a total time of 1:32.67, topping teammate Lucy Mclean by .92 seconds. Ricki Swearingen was third, Kirra Paulus fourth, Sadie Shepard fifth, Molly Clarke seventh and Hannah Mears eighth. McKenzie Schwab of Horizon Christian finished 11th.
The Eagle girls also dominated at a freestyle rail jam at Meadows Shipyard.
Hannah Hurley placed first with 28.5 points, followed by teammate Hannah Bergeman in second with 28 points and Kirra Paulus in third with 27 points.
Brendan Kerr led the HRV boys in the event, finishing fourth with 43.5 points.
More like this story
- HRMS teacher studies in Germany
- Police Log, Aug. 17 to 23
- Sheriff Log, Aug. 14 to 24
- Soccer Assist: Kudos for thoughtful behind-scenes work
- Letters to the Editor for Aug. 29
- Editor's Notebook: Roanoke tragedy asks, ‘are we slaves to our technology?’
- Gorge Kids Tri adds music fest to lineup
- The Porch for Aug. 29
- Entertainment Update for Aug. 29
- Walmart sells 16.3 acres to Ryan’s Juice
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge