Friday, February 3, 2012
The Hood River Valley ski team continued its dominance over the Mt. Hood League Saturday with a clean sweep of the top spots in individual and team standings in a giant slalom race at Middle Fork at Mt. Hood Meadows.
The Eagle girls took the top five individual spots and seven of the top 10. The Eagle boys placed three in the top 10, which was more than enough to win. Austin Keillor beat Eric Callahan of Grant for the top spot by 1.23 seconds with a total time of 1:32.57. Ryan Colesar finished third for HRV with a time of 1:35.84. Ben Fischer was the other Eagle in the top 10, placing eighth.
For the girls, Korey Cimock came in first with a total time of 1:32.67, topping teammate Lucy Mclean by .92 seconds. Ricki Swearingen was third, Kirra Paulus fourth, Sadie Shepard fifth, Molly Clarke seventh and Hannah Mears eighth. McKenzie Schwab of Horizon Christian finished 11th.
The Eagle girls also dominated at a freestyle rail jam at Meadows Shipyard.
Hannah Hurley placed first with 28.5 points, followed by teammate Hannah Bergeman in second with 28 points and Kirra Paulus in third with 27 points.
Brendan Kerr led the HRV boys in the event, finishing fourth with 43.5 points.
More like this story
- Mt. Hood’s Timberline Trail reopens after upgrades
- Unemployment remains low in Hood River, Wasco Counties
- Bluegrass Jamboree celebrates 17 years
- Man drowns in Pine Hollow reservoir
- Discovery Center hosts ‘This Place’ discussion Oct. 8
- High school senior expands book box project
- All About Fall: Your guide to a bountiful, beautiful time in the Gorge
- Young, Wilson married at Griffin House
- Gorge CROP Walk raises $5,000, and counting
- ‘Chaos of the day’ leads to happy end
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge