Tuesday, January 3, 2012
Paul Lawayne Loyd, 47, a transient who has been convicted of several local crimes and probation violations, is scheduled for release from NORCOR Dec. 30.
Beginning Nov. 3, Loyd, who traversed Hood River County by bicycle, was involved in several incidents of disorderly conduct toward individuals, trespassing, animal harassment and public intoxication.
As part of his sentencing, Loyd has been ordered to have no contact with anyone in Hood River County following his release and to leave the county immediately.
On two other releases, Loyd has failed to leave the county and was subsequently rearrested for probation violations.
Loyd's first Nov. 3 charges stemmed from two separate reported incidents occurring in the area of the DMV at the marina in which Loyd harassed and threatened an adult man and, later, a woman with children in her car.
Loyd rammed the woman's car with his bicycle during that incident. He then fled the scene. The Nov. 3 arrest followed reports of harassing horses and women in the area of Country Club Road.
During a Nov. 12 incident, Loyd damaged property, spit at people and returned to a local bar after being thrown out. His arrest followed additional incidents at a Country Club Road property where Loyd had been active during the Nov. 3 incident.
Loyd was arrested again on charges of probation violation on Nov. 23 within an hour after his release from NORCOR on a previous conviction.
Loyd is 5 feet 9 inches and 160 pounds, with brown short hair and some facial hair. He carries his possessions with him and has a silver bicycle.
More like this story
- Back to school for students in Hood River County
- Cascade Observations: Looking back, looking ahead
- HRV Health Center opens
- Wine takes center stage this week, weekend
- Yesteryears: Cornerstone laid at new St. Mark’s in 1925
- Entertainment Update for Sept. 2
- Columbia Gorge Discovery Center dedicates renewable energy exhibit
- Pet of the Week: Angelina loves car rides, long walks
- Public Records — Marriage Permits, July 31 to Aug. 31
- Sheriff's Log, Aug. 23 to 30
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge