Monday, January 9, 2012
Oregon State Police troopers are continuing the investigation into Friday's two-vehicle traffic crash that resulted in the death of two adult men and non-life threatening injuries to a third man on Highway 35 about thirteen miles north of Mt. Hood Meadows.
According to Trooper Brent Ocheskey, on January 6, 2012 at approximately 12 noon a 2008 Subaru Impreza driven by ISSAC TOBIAS ACKERMAN, age 25, from Hood River, was southbound on Highway 35 near milepost 78. Approaching a right curve, ACKERMAN lost control on ice and slid broadside into the northbound lane were it was struck in the side by a 1998 Jeep Cherokee driven by WILLIAM DOUGLAS HALVERSON, age 61, from Odell.
ACKERMAN and passenger JOSEPH JULIUS CABRERA, age 21, from The Dalles, were pronounced deceased at the scene. Both were using safety restraints. They were headed to the mountain to snowboard.
HALVERSON was also using safety restraints and received non-life threatening injuries. He was transported by ambulance to Providence Hood River Memorial Hospital. He was cited for No Operators License (Suspended in California) and also had a warrant for Fail to Appear - DUII for which he was also cited to appear due to treatment for injuries received in this crash.
OSP troopers from The Dalles Area Command office are continuing the investigation.
Hood River County Sheriff's Office, ODOT and Parkdale Fire Department assisted at the scene. Highway 35 was closed about four hours during the scene investigation
More like this story
- Pick of the Week: Turkey Trot happens Thanksgiving morning
- YESTERYEARS: Hood River will soon have its own aviation school in 1927
- Christmas Project: Where and when to sign up, and how to help
- Lisa Muñoz: Talking steps toward broadening community
- Museum’s ‘Latino Experience’ on display through December
- Letters to the Editor for Nov. 22
- Another Voice: Grad Student Tax hinders diversity and innovation of higher education
- Remains Wall
- Oregon Parks takes input on adding tribal governments to veterans grant programs
- Sheriff Log, Nov. 5 to 18
Bagpipers perform at Fall Simple Gifts
The Portland Guard pipers prepare and then perform at the Fall Simple Gifts concert at Riverside Church Enlarge