Wednesday, January 18, 2012
Charles Ralph Shields, 93, passed away Jan. 16, 2012, at his Portland, Ore., home with family by his side. He was born May 31, 1918.
Funeral services will be held 4 p.m. Thursday, Jan. 19, at the Lynchwood Church of God, 3818 S.E. 174th Ave., Portland. Pastor John Kukendall will officiate and military rites will be performed by the Oregon Honors Team.
Private graveside rites will be held later at Willamette National Cemetery.
Arrangements are under the direction of Anderson's Tribute Center (Funerals, Receptions, Cremations), 1401 Belmont Ave., Hood River, OR 97031; 541-386-1000. Please visit www.andersonstributecenter.com to leave a note of condolence for family.
More like this story
- Mt. Hood’s Timberline Trail reopens after upgrades
- Unemployment remains low in Hood River, Wasco Counties
- Bluegrass Jamboree celebrates 17 years
- Man drowns in Pine Hollow reservoir
- Discovery Center hosts ‘This Place’ discussion Oct. 8
- High school senior expands book box project
- All About Fall: Your guide to a bountiful, beautiful time in the Gorge
- Young, Wilson married at Griffin House
- Gorge CROP Walk raises $5,000, and counting
- ‘Chaos of the day’ leads to happy end
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge