Wednesday, January 18, 2012
Charles Ralph Shields, 93, passed away Jan. 16, 2012, at his Portland, Ore., home with family by his side. He was born May 31, 1918.
Funeral services will be held 4 p.m. Thursday, Jan. 19, at the Lynchwood Church of God, 3818 S.E. 174th Ave., Portland. Pastor John Kukendall will officiate and military rites will be performed by the Oregon Honors Team.
Private graveside rites will be held later at Willamette National Cemetery.
Arrangements are under the direction of Anderson's Tribute Center (Funerals, Receptions, Cremations), 1401 Belmont Ave., Hood River, OR 97031; 541-386-1000. Please visit www.andersonstributecenter.com to leave a note of condolence for family.
More like this story
- On Stage for Christmas
- Gorge Kids in Action — filling a wish list for others
- Looking for fun? Try mini-golf this weekend
- Warm gifts: Parkhurst says thank you
- Hospice Youth thanks veterans for their service
- Lions grocery contest winners announced
- Columbia Art Center ‘Nook’ features artist Steve Stegall
- Letters to the Editor for Nov. 28
- Minoru Yasui: Governor adds to Hood River native’s Presidential Medal of Freedom honor
- Class of ’66 seeks classmates
A live hive
A tree containing a live colony of bees blew down in a local family's front yard. Find out what happened next by reading the story here: bit.ly/1MJKdu2. Enlarge