Wednesday, January 18, 2012
Is the end of the world nigh? Likely only if you are a company which employs all snowboarders/skiers and all of them are out "sick" today. Below are updates with closures, changes etc. due to weather conditions. Newest update is at the top.
2:30 p.m.: Well this snowy mess is good for someone @mthoodmeadows reports five feet of new snow.
10:45 a.m.: All high school athletic events scheduled for tonight have been cancelled.
9:30 a.m.: The City Administration offices are closed. Only essential emergency personnel are to report for their scheduled times.
9:00 a.m: From Hood River City Manager Bob Francis : Hood River is under a snow emergency. Snow plows are out but request you stay off the roads for the next hour to allow the plows to get to all emergency routes. If you are parked on a main street or street marked with an emergency route sign, please move your car to a side street or off the street. Thank you for your cooperation.
More like this story
- Letters to the Editor for June 21
- Another Voice: New legislation is win-win for community college students
- Fight leads to reported stabbing in Cascade Locks
- Former Hood River resident dies in wreck on I-84
- Columbia sturgeon season returns
- High Prairie Firehouse Sale back this weekend
- Roots and Branches: High energy children and the belief to succeed
- Entertainment Update for June 21
- Loretta and Patsy: Together Again
- Sports briefs for June 21
Hood River Valley High School graduation 2017
Scenes from graduation of the class of 2017 at Hood River Valley High School Enlarge