Wednesday, January 18, 2012
Is the end of the world nigh? Likely only if you are a company which employs all snowboarders/skiers and all of them are out "sick" today. Below are updates with closures, changes etc. due to weather conditions. Newest update is at the top.
2:30 p.m.: Well this snowy mess is good for someone @mthoodmeadows reports five feet of new snow.
10:45 a.m.: All high school athletic events scheduled for tonight have been cancelled.
9:30 a.m.: The City Administration offices are closed. Only essential emergency personnel are to report for their scheduled times.
9:00 a.m: From Hood River City Manager Bob Francis : Hood River is under a snow emergency. Snow plows are out but request you stay off the roads for the next hour to allow the plows to get to all emergency routes. If you are parked on a main street or street marked with an emergency route sign, please move your car to a side street or off the street. Thank you for your cooperation.
More like this story
- On Stage for Christmas
- Gorge Kids in Action — filling a wish list for others
- Looking for fun? Try mini-golf this weekend
- Warm gifts: Parkhurst says thank you
- Hospice Youth thanks veterans for their service
- Lions grocery contest winners announced
- Columbia Art Center ‘Nook’ features artist Steve Stegall
- Letters to the Editor for Nov. 28
- Minoru Yasui: Governor adds to Hood River native’s Presidential Medal of Freedom honor
- Class of ’66 seeks classmates
A live hive
A tree containing a live colony of bees blew down in a local family's front yard. Find out what happened next by reading the story here: bit.ly/1MJKdu2. Enlarge