Wednesday, January 18, 2012
Is the end of the world nigh? Likely only if you are a company which employs all snowboarders/skiers and all of them are out "sick" today. Below are updates with closures, changes etc. due to weather conditions. Newest update is at the top.
2:30 p.m.: Well this snowy mess is good for someone @mthoodmeadows reports five feet of new snow.
10:45 a.m.: All high school athletic events scheduled for tonight have been cancelled.
9:30 a.m.: The City Administration offices are closed. Only essential emergency personnel are to report for their scheduled times.
9:00 a.m: From Hood River City Manager Bob Francis : Hood River is under a snow emergency. Snow plows are out but request you stay off the roads for the next hour to allow the plows to get to all emergency routes. If you are parked on a main street or street marked with an emergency route sign, please move your car to a side street or off the street. Thank you for your cooperation.
More like this story
- Pet of the Week: Roxy is happy, friendly girl
- ‘Walk with Ease’ starts in September
- ‘Terrific Tale of Thumbelina’ Aug. 25 at Arts Center
- Police Log, Aug. 7 to 13
- ‘Wheels of Hope’ nominations sought
- Letters to the Editor for Aug. 19
- EDITOR’S NOTEBOOK: Two guys, one contested parking space, two police officers: one wonders
- Church News: St. Mary’s holds retirement party for Rev. Maag
- FILL THE BOOT
- 4-H Results, 2017 Hood River County Fair
Planet Fly at Pfriem
The band Planet Fly plays at Pfriem in an outdoor concert. Enlarge