Wednesday, January 18, 2012
Is the end of the world nigh? Likely only if you are a company which employs all snowboarders/skiers and all of them are out "sick" today. Below are updates with closures, changes etc. due to weather conditions. Newest update is at the top.
2:30 p.m.: Well this snowy mess is good for someone @mthoodmeadows reports five feet of new snow.
10:45 a.m.: All high school athletic events scheduled for tonight have been cancelled.
9:30 a.m.: The City Administration offices are closed. Only essential emergency personnel are to report for their scheduled times.
9:00 a.m: From Hood River City Manager Bob Francis : Hood River is under a snow emergency. Snow plows are out but request you stay off the roads for the next hour to allow the plows to get to all emergency routes. If you are parked on a main street or street marked with an emergency route sign, please move your car to a side street or off the street. Thank you for your cooperation.
More like this story
- Church News: Updated Vacation Bible School list
- Death notices for June 25: Dorothy McPherren and Victoria Long
- Yesteryears: 911 comes to Hood River County in 1986
- Mt. Hood Town Hall Summer BBQ
- Oregon Trail Tea Time
- ‘Art in the Gorge’ show in Hood River July 1-3
- Cascade Observations: Making New Friends, Keeping the Old
- History links Mike’s (30 years) and Tum-A-Lum (110)
- Parkdale mason crafts new ‘masterpiece’ at Cape Horn
- Portland leaders ask governors to ban oil-by-rail
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge