Wednesday, January 18, 2012
Is the end of the world nigh? Likely only if you are a company which employs all snowboarders/skiers and all of them are out "sick" today. Below are updates with closures, changes etc. due to weather conditions. Newest update is at the top.
2:30 p.m.: Well this snowy mess is good for someone @mthoodmeadows reports five feet of new snow.
10:45 a.m.: All high school athletic events scheduled for tonight have been cancelled.
9:30 a.m.: The City Administration offices are closed. Only essential emergency personnel are to report for their scheduled times.
9:00 a.m: From Hood River City Manager Bob Francis : Hood River is under a snow emergency. Snow plows are out but request you stay off the roads for the next hour to allow the plows to get to all emergency routes. If you are parked on a main street or street marked with an emergency route sign, please move your car to a side street or off the street. Thank you for your cooperation.
More like this story
- Union Update
- ‘Superheroes’ come running: CASA holds fourth annual Fun Run Oct. 9
- Roald Dahl Trivia Challenge is Oct. 21
- EnviroGorge Kids announces summer writing winners
- Tribal members protest Nestlé deal in Salem
- Downtown walking tours return Sept. 26
- Fresh Start program holds graduates’ dinner Oct. 19
- ‘Genealogy Jamboree’ at Discovery Center Oct. 8
- Church News: Concert at Tucker Rd. Baptist Sunday
- Odell Creek restoration presentation
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge