Thursday, January 19, 2012
Slush, sleet and power outages across Hood River County have caused an array of closures and cancelations. As of 8:30 a.m. Thursday, here are major closures:
All schools in Hood River County School District are closed for the day due to a power outage.
White Salmon, Lyle, Dufur, North Wascho County and Mosier schools are also closed for the day.
OCDC Odell Head Start is on a two hour delay.
Mid-Columbia Senior Center and Meals on Wheels is closed.
Hood River Valley High School Extended Application Night is cancelled.
Pine Grove Head Start is closed.
ODOT is reporting icy conditions eastbound on I-84 near The Dalles, which has caused numerous crashes. There is extensive congestion in the area. Motorists are urged to avoid the area until temperatures warm. Eastbound from Hood River to The Dalles, chains are required on vehicles over 10,000 pounds or on vehicles pulling trailers. Eastbound from milepost 114, about the John Day River bridge, chains are required on all vehicles.
More like this story
- Death notices, Sept. 28: Vera Owen, James Robinson, Clarence Lowell, Scott Burnett and Eva Morales Sanchez
- Service Announcement, Sept. 27: Berna Carter
- Union Update
- ‘Superheroes’ come running: CASA holds fourth annual Fun Run Oct. 9
- Roald Dahl Trivia Challenge is Oct. 21
- EnviroGorge Kids announces summer writing winners
- Tribal members protest Nestlé deal in Salem
- Downtown walking tours return Sept. 26
- Fresh Start program holds graduates’ dinner Oct. 19
- ‘Genealogy Jamboree’ at Discovery Center Oct. 8
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge