Thursday, January 19, 2012
Slush, sleet and power outages across Hood River County have caused an array of closures and cancelations. As of 8:30 a.m. Thursday, here are major closures:
All schools in Hood River County School District are closed for the day due to a power outage.
White Salmon, Lyle, Dufur, North Wascho County and Mosier schools are also closed for the day.
OCDC Odell Head Start is on a two hour delay.
Mid-Columbia Senior Center and Meals on Wheels is closed.
Hood River Valley High School Extended Application Night is cancelled.
Pine Grove Head Start is closed.
ODOT is reporting icy conditions eastbound on I-84 near The Dalles, which has caused numerous crashes. There is extensive congestion in the area. Motorists are urged to avoid the area until temperatures warm. Eastbound from Hood River to The Dalles, chains are required on vehicles over 10,000 pounds or on vehicles pulling trailers. Eastbound from milepost 114, about the John Day River bridge, chains are required on all vehicles.
More like this story
- Aporkalypse: Bacon contest fattens coffers at Helping Hands
- The Ale List: ‘Zwickelmania’ returns, Full Sail taps Wheatwine
- YESTERYEARS: DaKine, Pro Motion relocating to Hood River in 1986
- Cascade Observations: Sweetness of Winter
- Parenting program starts in Cascade Locks
- Second Saturday will be all about pilots
- Five Gorge wines earn medals
- Revenue steps up fraud, identity theft prevention
- Father of the Bride
- City, county support affordable housing bill