Thursday, January 19, 2012
Slush, sleet and power outages across Hood River County have caused an array of closures and cancelations. As of 8:30 a.m. Thursday, here are major closures:
All schools in Hood River County School District are closed for the day due to a power outage.
White Salmon, Lyle, Dufur, North Wascho County and Mosier schools are also closed for the day.
OCDC Odell Head Start is on a two hour delay.
Mid-Columbia Senior Center and Meals on Wheels is closed.
Hood River Valley High School Extended Application Night is cancelled.
Pine Grove Head Start is closed.
ODOT is reporting icy conditions eastbound on I-84 near The Dalles, which has caused numerous crashes. There is extensive congestion in the area. Motorists are urged to avoid the area until temperatures warm. Eastbound from Hood River to The Dalles, chains are required on vehicles over 10,000 pounds or on vehicles pulling trailers. Eastbound from milepost 114, about the John Day River bridge, chains are required on all vehicles.
More like this story
- Citizen group rises to oppose Westside plan
- Defeat the Heat: Officials urge safe beach use, paddling preparedness
- Culvert repair project at Indian Creek will begin June 26
- Vintage bridal gowns now on display at History Museum
- The Porch for June 24
- Art of Community revised
- Letters to the Editor for June 24
- Hang up and walk: Distracted pedestrians are on the rise
- U.S. Hwy 30 bridge work underway
- Shoreline trail widened under HR Bridge
Hood River Valley High School graduation 2017
Scenes from graduation of the class of 2017 at Hood River Valley High School Enlarge