Thursday, January 19, 2012
Slush, sleet and power outages across Hood River County have caused an array of closures and cancelations. As of 8:30 a.m. Thursday, here are major closures:
All schools in Hood River County School District are closed for the day due to a power outage.
White Salmon, Lyle, Dufur, North Wascho County and Mosier schools are also closed for the day.
OCDC Odell Head Start is on a two hour delay.
Mid-Columbia Senior Center and Meals on Wheels is closed.
Hood River Valley High School Extended Application Night is cancelled.
Pine Grove Head Start is closed.
ODOT is reporting icy conditions eastbound on I-84 near The Dalles, which has caused numerous crashes. There is extensive congestion in the area. Motorists are urged to avoid the area until temperatures warm. Eastbound from Hood River to The Dalles, chains are required on vehicles over 10,000 pounds or on vehicles pulling trailers. Eastbound from milepost 114, about the John Day River bridge, chains are required on all vehicles.
More like this story
- Pet of the Week: Roxy is happy, friendly girl
- ‘Walk with Ease’ starts in September
- ‘Terrific Tale of Thumbelina’ Aug. 25 at Arts Center
- Police Log, Aug. 7 to 13
- ‘Wheels of Hope’ nominations sought
- Letters to the Editor for Aug. 19
- EDITOR’S NOTEBOOK: Two guys, one contested parking space, two police officers: one wonders
- Church News: St. Mary’s holds retirement party for Rev. Maag
- FILL THE BOOT
- 4-H Results, 2017 Hood River County Fair
Planet Fly at Pfriem
The band Planet Fly plays at Pfriem in an outdoor concert. Enlarge