Thursday, January 19, 2012
4:43: Power line down on Belmont Drive.
4:40 Power line down on Wheeler Rd.
4:30: From ODOT: OR 281 (Hood River Highway) closed from milepost 10 to milepost 14 due to downed trees and powerlines; no estimate for reopening.
4:28: Odell Fire responding to lines across road on Wy'east road.
4:28: Car near Les Schwab has been removed.
4:19: Just got off phone with Port of HR. A rumor has been getting around that, Hood River-White Salmon Bridge may close. Port says Bridge is NOT closing, and they have no plans to do so. However, they do urge crossing carefully, as the bridge deck has been slick today.
4:05 Car has reportedly gone over bank near Les Schwab. Tow truck attempting to get it out is blocking both directions of traffic.
3:50: Power line reported down on Riordan Hill Drive. Possible fire in trees due to sparks. Westside Fire responding.
3:36: A few sheriff's deputies are blocked in by downed trees on Wy'east Rd.
3:32: Downed powerline at Kinglsey and Binns Hill. Westside Fire Dept. responding.
3:25: Tree reported down at Davis and Sylvester.
3:05: Odell Hwy and Summit report of large tree split and blocking road.
3:005: Tree and light down at Baseline and Cooper Spur.
3:00: Tree and power line reported down at Hwy 281 and Billings.
2:25: Downed power line, fire in tree reported at Kollas Rd. in Odell.
2:20: Via ODOT, Dee Hwy closed at Iowa Dr. for crews working on tree power line down on road. http://tripcheck.com/popups/Incid.asp?INCD=121808
12:25: Power line, two power poles, reported down at Dee Hwy and Iowa Dr.
12:21: Pacific Power Hood River area outage info: http://www.pacificpower.net/ed/po/ooi.html
12:20: Numerous accidents have been reported on Tucker Road near Tucker Park as well as Tucker Road Bridge.
10:30 a.m.:Tree is also down across a powre line on Kenwood Dr.
Access to the areas with the downed lines is being cut off through road closures.
Kenwood may be closed for much of the day due the size of the tree.
10:25 a.m. HR County dispatch is reporting downed power lines on Toll Bridge and Willow Flat Rds. More info as we get it.
More like this story
- Author signing event at Waucoma Sept. 2
- Public records: Marriage permits, Aug. 1 to 22
- Pet of the Week: Bentley will make you wonder how you lived without him
- Genealogical Society meets Sept. 10
- ‘Our Whole Lives’ sexuality class for middle schoolers starts in fall
- A pastor called to a new house: Anna Carmichael of St. Mark's accepts position in California, passes Warming Shelter baton
- First Windermere golf tournament raises $6,000 for Stevenson Program
- Season Preview: Volleyball
- New teachers and licensed staff join Hood River County Schools
- Who says there’s no more summer fun?
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge