Friday, January 20, 2012
Robert "Bob" Janes died Tuesday, Jan. 17, 2012, at home in Hood River, Ore. He was born Jan. 5, 1922, in Pendleton, Ore., to Roy and Lula Janes.
Services will be held Feb. 4 at 1 p.m. at the Tucker Road Baptist Church, 1455 Tucker Road, Hood River. Arrangements are under the direction of Gardner Funeral Home, 1270 N. Main, White Salmon, Wash.; 509-493-1323.
More like this story
- HRV softball team heads to state tourney for first time in three years
- Death Notices for May 24:
- Service Announcements for May 24: Douglas Waters and David Warrenka
- Pick of the Week: ‘Living in the Era of Mega-Fires’ May 24
- The Porch for May 20
- Columbia Center offers Summer Arts class scholarships
- HR Valley Residents Committee: ‘Long-term watchdogs’ celebrate Sunday
- Parkdale teacher wins ‘Math Excellence Award’
- Letters to the Editor for May 20
- Morrison Park: Yes to re-zone, but dig in first
I Can't Keep Quiet singers at "Citizen Town Hall"
‘I can’t keep quiet,’ sing members of an impromptu choir in front of Hood River Middle School Saturday prior to the citizen town hall for questions to Rep. Greg Walden. The song addresses female empowerment generally and sexual violence implicitly, and gained prominence during the International Women’s Day events in January. The singers braved a sudden squall to finish their song and about 220 people gathered in HRMS auditorium, which will be the scene of the April 12 town hall with Rep. Greg Walden, at 3 p.m. Enlarge