Friday, January 20, 2012
Hood River County has established warning shelters for upper valley residents whose homes are without power, according to County Administrator David Meriwether.
The shelter locations are:
Immanuel Lutheran Church, Ninth and State streets, open at noon;
Christian Missionary Alliance, open at 6 p.m.
Wy'east Middle School; hours to be determined; details were still being coordinated with Red Cross.
For details, call the county non-emergency line, 541-386-2711.
"Our major concern is for later tonight," Meriwether said Friday.
More like this story
- Gorge quilters featured in area shows this summer and fall
- Entertainment Update for July 30
- ‘American Pickers’ seeks local troves
- Richard Tillinghast concert at library Aug 10
- Gorge Soup art grant applications due Aug. 20
- Elections 2016: Gudman talks state treasurer bid during Hood River visit
- Ways of the Wind: July weather a windfall
- ‘Officer Friendly’ Sergeant Jesse Flem retires after 30 years
- Summer construction closes roads in Mount Hood National Forest
- Chief Wells resigns from Fire Dept.
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge