Friday, January 20, 2012
Hood River County has established warning shelters for upper valley residents whose homes are without power, according to County Administrator David Meriwether.
The shelter locations are:
Immanuel Lutheran Church, Ninth and State streets, open at noon;
Christian Missionary Alliance, open at 6 p.m.
Wy'east Middle School; hours to be determined; details were still being coordinated with Red Cross.
For details, call the county non-emergency line, 541-386-2711.
"Our major concern is for later tonight," Meriwether said Friday.
More like this story
- Citizen group rises to oppose Westside plan
- Defeat the Heat: Officials urge safe beach use, paddling preparedness
- Culvert repair project at Indian Creek will begin June 26
- Students from Hood River selected for China trip
- Vintage bridal gowns now on display at History Museum
- The Porch for June 24
- Art of Community revised
- Letters to the Editor for June 24
- Hang up and walk: Distracted pedestrians are on the rise
- U.S. Hwy 30 bridge work underway
Hood River Valley High School graduation 2017
Scenes from graduation of the class of 2017 at Hood River Valley High School Enlarge