Friday, January 20, 2012
Hood River County has established warning shelters for upper valley residents whose homes are without power, according to County Administrator David Meriwether.
The shelter locations are:
Immanuel Lutheran Church, Ninth and State streets, open at noon;
Christian Missionary Alliance, open at 6 p.m.
Wy'east Middle School; hours to be determined; details were still being coordinated with Red Cross.
For details, call the county non-emergency line, 541-386-2711.
"Our major concern is for later tonight," Meriwether said Friday.
More like this story
- On Stage for Christmas
- Gorge Kids in Action — filling a wish list for others
- Looking for fun? Try mini-golf this weekend
- Warm gifts: Parkhurst says thank you
- Hospice Youth thanks veterans for their service
- Lions grocery contest winners announced
- Columbia Art Center ‘Nook’ features artist Steve Stegall
- Letters to the Editor for Nov. 28
- Minoru Yasui: Governor adds to Hood River native’s Presidential Medal of Freedom honor
- Class of ’66 seeks classmates
A live hive
A tree containing a live colony of bees blew down in a local family's front yard. Find out what happened next by reading the story here: bit.ly/1MJKdu2. Enlarge