Friday, January 20, 2012
Hood River County has established warning shelters for upper valley residents whose homes are without power, according to County Administrator David Meriwether.
The shelter locations are:
Immanuel Lutheran Church, Ninth and State streets, open at noon;
Christian Missionary Alliance, open at 6 p.m.
Wy'east Middle School; hours to be determined; details were still being coordinated with Red Cross.
For details, call the county non-emergency line, 541-386-2711.
"Our major concern is for later tonight," Meriwether said Friday.
More like this story
- Entertainment Update for Aug. 24
- Music Festival of the Gorge Sept. 17
- Cult-classic ‘Rocky Horror Show’ comes to the Gorge
- Audition for ‘Owen Meany’s Christmas Pageant’ Sept. 8, 10
- Marbach launches ‘Columbia – Source To Sea’ campaign
- As time — and transportation — move on, so does Hood River
- Yesteryears: Lost Lake, found, 56 years ago this summer — in 1936
- ‘Get Outside for Education’ Aug. 27
- Hood Crest goes from whim to solid rock ‘n wood winery
- YoHOHs spread summer cheer
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge