Monday, January 23, 2012
The community is invited to a meeting Jan. 23 to learn about a partnering between the Heights Business Association and the Hood River County Chamber of Commerce.
The event will be from 5:30-7 p.m. at the Columbia Gorge Community College, Hood River Campus, Room 310.
The meeting will cover Chamber programs for 2012, the upcoming government impact meeting, Fourth of July and Safe Halloween events, Heights Urban Renewal, and ways to get involved and network with businesses.
Refreshments will be provided.
The Chamber and Heights Association boards decided in late 2011 to merge, with HBA operating as a council within the Chamber. Hood River News recently reported that City Manager Bob Francis presented a report to the Heights Association on the Heights Urban Renewal District to the members. Francis mentioned that the current Urban Renewal Board will have two terms expiring. There will be at least one opening on the board.
Francis indicated that there have been discussions of the city council taking over the responsibilities of the Urban Renewal Board. If that occurs, it is likely the council will request an advisory committee to form with representatives from each UR District (downtown, waterfront and the Heights).
More like this story
- Team Osprey competes in Bend Winter Invitational
- Sports briefs for Dec. 13
- Letters to the Editor for Dec. 13
- Off the Rails: Protest oil train regulation rollback
- Hood River Bridge replacement: Understanding the WHATs
- Sheriff's Log, Nov. 26 to Dec. 10
- Happiness Month profile: Slowing down with ‘The Daily Three’
- Menorah Installed
- How to help during the holidays
- Students of the Month: Elks Lodge honors Zorza and Castañeda