Monday, January 23, 2012
The community is invited to a meeting Jan. 23 to learn about a partnering between the Heights Business Association and the Hood River County Chamber of Commerce.
The event will be from 5:30-7 p.m. at the Columbia Gorge Community College, Hood River Campus, Room 310.
The meeting will cover Chamber programs for 2012, the upcoming government impact meeting, Fourth of July and Safe Halloween events, Heights Urban Renewal, and ways to get involved and network with businesses.
Refreshments will be provided.
The Chamber and Heights Association boards decided in late 2011 to merge, with HBA operating as a council within the Chamber. Hood River News recently reported that City Manager Bob Francis presented a report to the Heights Association on the Heights Urban Renewal District to the members. Francis mentioned that the current Urban Renewal Board will have two terms expiring. There will be at least one opening on the board.
Francis indicated that there have been discussions of the city council taking over the responsibilities of the Urban Renewal Board. If that occurs, it is likely the council will request an advisory committee to form with representatives from each UR District (downtown, waterfront and the Heights).
More like this story
- Service Announcement for Oct. 26: Vernon Picking
- Death Notices for Oct. 26: Mary Stinson, Wilma Bolton, Kathleen Coffey, Thomas Pierce and Evelyn Helseth
- Letters to the Editor for Oct. 22
- Another Voice: Community of caring, and the public issue of homelessness
- ‘Catch Me If You Can’ opens next weekend
- Entertainment Update for Oct. 22
- Bridging Marine Park
- Death café at the library Oct. 26
- Halloween’s a Coming: Your Guide to Fun Oct. 29-31
- What’s the BUZZ on pollinators?
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge