Monday, January 23, 2012
The community is invited to a meeting Jan. 23 to learn about a partnering between the Heights Business Association and the Hood River County Chamber of Commerce.
The event will be from 5:30-7 p.m. at the Columbia Gorge Community College, Hood River Campus, Room 310.
The meeting will cover Chamber programs for 2012, the upcoming government impact meeting, Fourth of July and Safe Halloween events, Heights Urban Renewal, and ways to get involved and network with businesses.
Refreshments will be provided.
The Chamber and Heights Association boards decided in late 2011 to merge, with HBA operating as a council within the Chamber. Hood River News recently reported that City Manager Bob Francis presented a report to the Heights Association on the Heights Urban Renewal District to the members. Francis mentioned that the current Urban Renewal Board will have two terms expiring. There will be at least one opening on the board.
Francis indicated that there have been discussions of the city council taking over the responsibilities of the Urban Renewal Board. If that occurs, it is likely the council will request an advisory committee to form with representatives from each UR District (downtown, waterfront and the Heights).
More like this story
- Motorcyclist killed in spilled lumber crash
- Citizen group rises to oppose Westside plan
- Defeat the Heat: Officials urge safe beach use, paddling preparedness
- Culvert repair project at Indian Creek will begin June 26
- Vintage bridal gowns now on display at History Museum
- The Porch for June 24
- Art of Community revised
- Letters to the Editor for June 24
- Hang up and walk: Distracted pedestrians are on the rise
- Shoreline trail widened under HR Bridge
Hood River Valley High School graduation 2017
Scenes from graduation of the class of 2017 at Hood River Valley High School Enlarge