Monday, January 23, 2012
Another day, another blowout win for the Horizon boys basketball team.
The Hawk boys steamrolled the Arlington Honkers Tuesday night, 59-26, with the Honkers not hitting double digits until the second half.
Hawks starters did not see much playing time after the first half, but big men Matt Totaro and Jake Wells had a solid game, combining to score 28 points (16 for Totaro, 12 for Wells) and grab 16 boards. Mason Bloomster played well for the Hawks in relief of the starters, scoring seven points and pulling down seven rebounds.
In the early game, the Hawk girls won for the second time in three games by beating Arlington 36-23.
The Hawks led by a point at halftime, but stretched that advantage in the second half. M'Randa Aldrich led the Hawks with 15 points, while Trista Hicks added eight points. McKenzie Mellow did not score, but pulled down 12 rebounds, 10 of them on the offensive end.
The Hawks were scheduled to host Dufur Friday.
More like this story
- Service Announcement for Oct. 26: Vernon Picking
- Death Notices for Oct. 26: Mary Stinson, Wilma Bolton, Kathleen Coffey, Thomas Pierce and Evelyn Helseth
- Letters to the Editor for Oct. 22
- Another Voice: Community of caring, and the public issue of homelessness
- ‘Catch Me If You Can’ opens next weekend
- Entertainment Update for Oct. 22
- Bridging Marine Park
- Death café at the library Oct. 26
- Halloween’s a Coming: Your Guide to Fun Oct. 29-31
- What’s the BUZZ on pollinators?
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge