Monday, January 23, 2012
Another day, another blowout win for the Horizon boys basketball team.
The Hawk boys steamrolled the Arlington Honkers Tuesday night, 59-26, with the Honkers not hitting double digits until the second half.
Hawks starters did not see much playing time after the first half, but big men Matt Totaro and Jake Wells had a solid game, combining to score 28 points (16 for Totaro, 12 for Wells) and grab 16 boards. Mason Bloomster played well for the Hawks in relief of the starters, scoring seven points and pulling down seven rebounds.
In the early game, the Hawk girls won for the second time in three games by beating Arlington 36-23.
The Hawks led by a point at halftime, but stretched that advantage in the second half. M'Randa Aldrich led the Hawks with 15 points, while Trista Hicks added eight points. McKenzie Mellow did not score, but pulled down 12 rebounds, 10 of them on the offensive end.
The Hawks were scheduled to host Dufur Friday.
More like this story
- Reader Photos: Enjoying the Eclipse
- Eclipse Scenes
- Pet of the Week: Roxy is happy, friendly girl
- ‘Walk with Ease’ starts in September
- ‘Terrific Tale of Thumbelina’ Aug. 25 at Arts Center
- Police Log, Aug. 7 to 13
- ‘Wheels of Hope’ nominations sought
- Letters to the Editor for Aug. 19
- EDITOR’S NOTEBOOK: Two guys, one contested parking space, two police officers: one wonders
- Church News: St. Mary’s holds retirement party for Rev. Maag
Planet Fly at Pfriem
The band Planet Fly plays at Pfriem in an outdoor concert. Enlarge