Monday, January 23, 2012
Another day, another blowout win for the Horizon boys basketball team.
The Hawk boys steamrolled the Arlington Honkers Tuesday night, 59-26, with the Honkers not hitting double digits until the second half.
Hawks starters did not see much playing time after the first half, but big men Matt Totaro and Jake Wells had a solid game, combining to score 28 points (16 for Totaro, 12 for Wells) and grab 16 boards. Mason Bloomster played well for the Hawks in relief of the starters, scoring seven points and pulling down seven rebounds.
In the early game, the Hawk girls won for the second time in three games by beating Arlington 36-23.
The Hawks led by a point at halftime, but stretched that advantage in the second half. M'Randa Aldrich led the Hawks with 15 points, while Trista Hicks added eight points. McKenzie Mellow did not score, but pulled down 12 rebounds, 10 of them on the offensive end.
The Hawks were scheduled to host Dufur Friday.
More like this story
- Citizen group rises to oppose Westside plan
- Defeat the Heat: Officials urge safe beach use, paddling preparedness
- Culvert repair project at Indian Creek will begin June 26
- Students from Hood River selected for China trip
- Vintage bridal gowns now on display at History Museum
- The Porch for June 24
- Art of Community revised
- Letters to the Editor for June 24
- Hang up and walk: Distracted pedestrians are on the rise
- U.S. Hwy 30 bridge work underway
Hood River Valley High School graduation 2017
Scenes from graduation of the class of 2017 at Hood River Valley High School Enlarge