Tuesday, January 24, 2012
Hood River County School are on early release today due to weather conditions. Early release times vary from school to school, and school officials are working to contact parents. According to the school district the schools will remain open to provide a warm place for students "until every student is picked up." School status for Wednesday is undetermined, and parents are urged to check school district web site and info alerts for any closures.
More as this story develops.
More like this story
- On Stage for Christmas
- Gorge Kids in Action — filling a wish list for others
- Looking for fun? Try mini-golf this weekend
- Warm gifts: Parkhurst says thank you
- Hospice Youth thanks veterans for their service
- Lions grocery contest winners announced
- Columbia Art Center ‘Nook’ features artist Steve Stegall
- Letters to the Editor for Nov. 28
- Minoru Yasui: Governor adds to Hood River native’s Presidential Medal of Freedom honor
- Class of ’66 seeks classmates
A live hive
A tree containing a live colony of bees blew down in a local family's front yard. Find out what happened next by reading the story here: bit.ly/1MJKdu2. Enlarge