Tuesday, January 31, 2012
A suggestion for students of all ages: Google the name of Gordon Hirabayashi to see what a man of passion, principle and purpose can accomplish.
I recently got my Hood River library card. I have cards in Hood River and White Salmon, and they've given me incredible access to thousands of movies, books and free song downloads.
I want to thank our libraries for allowing me to have cards in both systems. My life feels richer and more vibrant.
Our local libraries and their employees are awesome!
Avery W. Hoyt
White Salmon, Wash.
Congratulations to the Hood River City Council for supporting the Walmart expansion. It will be very helpful to Walmart shoppers with a long list of various items and little time to shop.
It will provide a local place to shop for those who now go to The Dalles and Gresham for better prices. I strongly suspect it will bring more business to Hood River.
Recently, I met a young man who moved from Hood River to The Dalles. He had a good job and was well paid but he said he could not afford to live in Hood River. Do we really want to be that kind of a community?
More like this story
- Author signing event at Waucoma Sept. 2
- Public records: Marriage permits, Aug. 1 to 22
- Pet of the Week: Bentley will make you wonder how you lived without him
- Genealogical Society meets Sept. 10
- ‘Our Whole Lives’ sexuality class for middle schoolers starts in fall
- A pastor called to a new house: Anna Carmichael of St. Mark's accepts position in California, passes Warming Shelter baton
- First Windermere golf tournament raises $6,000 for Stevenson Program
- Season Preview: Volleyball
- New teachers and licensed staff join Hood River County Schools
- Who says there’s no more summer fun?
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge