Tuesday, January 31, 2012
A suggestion for students of all ages: Google the name of Gordon Hirabayashi to see what a man of passion, principle and purpose can accomplish.
I recently got my Hood River library card. I have cards in Hood River and White Salmon, and they've given me incredible access to thousands of movies, books and free song downloads.
I want to thank our libraries for allowing me to have cards in both systems. My life feels richer and more vibrant.
Our local libraries and their employees are awesome!
Avery W. Hoyt
White Salmon, Wash.
Congratulations to the Hood River City Council for supporting the Walmart expansion. It will be very helpful to Walmart shoppers with a long list of various items and little time to shop.
It will provide a local place to shop for those who now go to The Dalles and Gresham for better prices. I strongly suspect it will bring more business to Hood River.
Recently, I met a young man who moved from Hood River to The Dalles. He had a good job and was well paid but he said he could not afford to live in Hood River. Do we really want to be that kind of a community?
More like this story
- HRV grad and track athlete Parker Kennedy recovering from freak javelin accident at USATF meet in Beaverton
- BOTG local sticker effective Friday
- Police report burglaries
- Hood River Death Café meets July 9
- Windermere holds annual food drive
- Fresh Start begins class series for home cooks
- Beauchamps celebrate 58th anniversary
- ‘Operation Dry Water’ this weekend
- The Next Door marks 45 years
- Letter to the Editor for June 25
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge