Tuesday, January 31, 2012
A suggestion for students of all ages: Google the name of Gordon Hirabayashi to see what a man of passion, principle and purpose can accomplish.
I recently got my Hood River library card. I have cards in Hood River and White Salmon, and they've given me incredible access to thousands of movies, books and free song downloads.
I want to thank our libraries for allowing me to have cards in both systems. My life feels richer and more vibrant.
Our local libraries and their employees are awesome!
Avery W. Hoyt
White Salmon, Wash.
Congratulations to the Hood River City Council for supporting the Walmart expansion. It will be very helpful to Walmart shoppers with a long list of various items and little time to shop.
It will provide a local place to shop for those who now go to The Dalles and Gresham for better prices. I strongly suspect it will bring more business to Hood River.
Recently, I met a young man who moved from Hood River to The Dalles. He had a good job and was well paid but he said he could not afford to live in Hood River. Do we really want to be that kind of a community?
More like this story
- HRMS teacher studies in Germany
- Police Log, Aug. 17 to 23
- Sheriff Log, Aug. 14 to 24
- Soccer Assist: Kudos for thoughtful behind-scenes work
- Letters to the Editor for Aug. 29
- Editor's Notebook: Roanoke tragedy asks, ‘are we slaves to our technology?’
- Gorge Kids Tri adds music fest to lineup
- The Porch for Aug. 29
- Entertainment Update for Aug. 29
- Walmart sells 16.3 acres to Ryan’s Juice
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge