Tuesday, January 31, 2012
A suggestion for students of all ages: Google the name of Gordon Hirabayashi to see what a man of passion, principle and purpose can accomplish.
I recently got my Hood River library card. I have cards in Hood River and White Salmon, and they've given me incredible access to thousands of movies, books and free song downloads.
I want to thank our libraries for allowing me to have cards in both systems. My life feels richer and more vibrant.
Our local libraries and their employees are awesome!
Avery W. Hoyt
White Salmon, Wash.
Congratulations to the Hood River City Council for supporting the Walmart expansion. It will be very helpful to Walmart shoppers with a long list of various items and little time to shop.
It will provide a local place to shop for those who now go to The Dalles and Gresham for better prices. I strongly suspect it will bring more business to Hood River.
Recently, I met a young man who moved from Hood River to The Dalles. He had a good job and was well paid but he said he could not afford to live in Hood River. Do we really want to be that kind of a community?
More like this story
- Death notices for Oct. 22: Ellyn Kane, George Kimball, Kenneth Leibham and Barbara Pink
- Service Announcements for Oct. 22: Louise Neitch and Betty Johnson
- Yesteryears: Cooper’s Spur Road completed in 1926
- ‘Age of Dignity’ discussion series starts Oct. 22
- Advocacy Center holds fundraiser Oct. 22
- Roots and Branches: Find and use your tools
- Columbia Gorge Peace Village hosts film
- WS Library holds ‘Boys in the Boat’ talk Oct. 22
- Gorge receives national honor this weekend
- Entertainment Update for Oct. 19
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge