Saturday, July 7, 2012
Dr. Paul Hamada has stepped down as medical director at Hood River Care Center after 25 years.
On July 1, Hamada will be retired from his position at Hood River Care Center and Dr. Kristen Dillon will assume the medical director role.
Hamada is not retiring from his practice; only his role as medical director at Hood River Care Center.
Dillon has been a physician here in the Gorge for more than 12 years and is a part of the Columbia Gorge Family Medicine practice in Hood River.
“We are excited to welcome her ideas and feel that our residents and attending physicians will be very well served by her leadership and expertise as she grows and expands on the legacy that Dr. Hamada has built,” said Care Center Director Jack Striker.
“I do not feel that words can express our gratitude for his commitment and dedication to the residents of the Hood River Care Center,” said Jenelle McCleary, admissions and marketing director.
The Care Center will honor Hamada as part of its Neighborhood Block Party on Wednesday, July 18, from 5-7 p.m. at the Care Center, 729 Henderson Road Hood River.
The community is invited to attend.
More like this story
- Mt. Hood’s Timberline Trail reopens after upgrades
- Unemployment remains low in Hood River, Wasco Counties
- Bluegrass Jamboree celebrates 17 years
- Man drowns in Pine Hollow reservoir
- Discovery Center hosts ‘This Place’ discussion Oct. 8
- High school senior expands book box project
- All About Fall: Your guide to a bountiful, beautiful time in the Gorge
- Young, Wilson married at Griffin House
- Gorge CROP Walk raises $5,000, and counting
- ‘Chaos of the day’ leads to happy end
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge