Saturday, July 7, 2012
Hood River Little League All-Star baseball and softball teams wrapped up District 5 tournament play this week. The tournament included 625 baseball and softball players on teams from 13 Little League associations, ranging from Hood River east to Hermiston and south to Gilchrist.
Finishing at sixth place, the 9-10 baseball team was eliminated Wednesday, placing the highest out of the five teams representing the Hood River-area.
The 9-10 boys took their second loss of the tournament with a tough 16-5 game against Bend South. The loss came after the boys opened the tournament with a close 4-3 loss against Jefferson County, followed by back-to-back wins to advance to the top six.
The Hood River 11-12 boys were eliminated Tuesday with a 6-5 loss against South Central (La Pine-Sunriver). The game was the second one-run loss for the team after a 1-0 nail-biter to Hermiston.
The 9-10 softball team was eliminated Monday after an 11-2 loss to Hermiston, the 11-12 softball team was eliminated last week after tough losses against Bend and Crook County and the 10-11 boys were eliminated Monday after an 8-0 loss against Hermiston.
More like this story
- Peace Walk: Take steps for a ‘safe future’ on Wednesday
- ‘We Love You to China and Back’: Community rallies for local family on July 31
- Mosier groundwater contaminated after derailment spill
- Stage set for new waterfront buildings
- Hood River Farmers’ Market offers local produce, more
- July 23 Stoked anniversary bash helps LymeLight
- Paving closes exit 62
- Foster parent recruitment meeting July 25 in TD
- Gaulke Dental joins Hood River Dental
- Rand Road water line
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge