Saturday, July 7, 2012
Hood River Little League All-Star baseball and softball teams wrapped up District 5 tournament play this week. The tournament included 625 baseball and softball players on teams from 13 Little League associations, ranging from Hood River east to Hermiston and south to Gilchrist.
Finishing at sixth place, the 9-10 baseball team was eliminated Wednesday, placing the highest out of the five teams representing the Hood River-area.
The 9-10 boys took their second loss of the tournament with a tough 16-5 game against Bend South. The loss came after the boys opened the tournament with a close 4-3 loss against Jefferson County, followed by back-to-back wins to advance to the top six.
The Hood River 11-12 boys were eliminated Tuesday with a 6-5 loss against South Central (La Pine-Sunriver). The game was the second one-run loss for the team after a 1-0 nail-biter to Hermiston.
The 9-10 softball team was eliminated Monday after an 11-2 loss to Hermiston, the 11-12 softball team was eliminated last week after tough losses against Bend and Crook County and the 10-11 boys were eliminated Monday after an 8-0 loss against Hermiston.
More like this story
- Entertainment Update for Aug. 24
- Music Festival of the Gorge Sept. 17
- Cult-classic ‘Rocky Horror Show’ comes to the Gorge
- Audition for ‘Owen Meany’s Christmas Pageant’ Sept. 8, 10
- Marbach launches ‘Columbia – Source To Sea’ campaign
- As time — and transportation — move on, so does Hood River
- Yesteryears: Lost Lake, found, 56 years ago this summer — in 1936
- ‘Get Outside for Education’ Aug. 27
- Hood Crest goes from whim to solid rock ‘n wood winery
- YoHOHs spread summer cheer
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge