Saturday, July 7, 2012
An early morning altercation between a juvenile female and an adult male drew police action at Prater’s Motel beginning around 6:45 a.m. July 6. Two men and the 17-year-old girl were later arrested by Hood River City Senior Police Officer Mike Martin and Officer Erin Mason with an assist from Hood River County Sheriff’s Deputy Pete Hughes (pictured). Martin witnessed one male fighting with the female in front of the motel. Upon arrival, the 19-year-old male took flight, attempting to elude officers. Officer Mason sustained minor injuries to his forearm and knee while subduing the fugitive along with Martin and Hughes. The trio was charged with possession of heroin and drug paraphernalia. The 19-year-old male was also charged with attempting to elude an officer, giving false information, custodial interference, resisting arrest, assault of a peace officer, and two outstanding warrants. He was treated for minor injuries sustained during his attempted to elude. The female was listed as a runaway from Molalla. One male was from Oregon City and the second was from Tucson, Ariz. No guests or staff were involved in the incident.
More like this story
- Letters to the Editor for Oct. 22
- Another Voice: Community of caring, and the public issue of homelessness
- ‘Catch Me If You Can’ opens next weekend
- Entertainment Update for Oct. 22
- Bridging Marine Park
- Death café at the library Oct. 26
- Halloween’s a Coming: Your Guide to Fun Oct. 29-31
- What’s the BUZZ on pollinators?
- Q and A: HR City Council candidate question and answer
- Sports Briefs for Oct. 22
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge