Wednesday, July 11, 2012
Delphia Isaac “Del” Goss, 88, passed from this life June 5, 2012, at his home, Adult Comfort Care, in Vancouver, Wash. He was born July 11, 9123, in Mt. Hood, Ore., to B.E. and “Donie” Goss, the seventh of nine children.
Graveside services were held June 9. A memorial service is planned for Aug. 10 at 2 p.m. at Attrell’s Funeral Chapel in Newberg. Contributions in his memory may be made to World English Institute, 1525 N.W. Division, Gresham, OR 97030.
Mildred Fey, 89, passed away on July 5, 2012, in Goldendale, Wash. She was born March 26, 1923, in Hood River, Ore., to William M. and Nora A. (Cole) Smith.
She is survived by daughters and sons-in-law Linda and Mike Kolesar and Barbara and Lance Cochran, of Goldendale; sons and daughters-in-law Mike and Annette Fey, of Bay City, Ore., and Gary and Dawn Fey, of Jaffrey, N.H.; nine grandchildren, 11 great-grandchildren, six step-grandchildren and five step-great-grandchildren.
A graveside service was held at Idlewilde Cemetery in Hood River on Tuesday, July 10. Columbia Hills Memorial Chapel handled arrangements.
Eula “Sandy” Williams passed away July 8, 2012, at her home in Hood River, Ore., surrounded by family. She was born Aug. 21, 1932, in Brownfield, Texas, to Norman M. and Beatrice C. (Murray) Chavis.
Arrangements are under the direction of Anderson’s Tribute Center (Funerals, Receptions, Cremations), 1401 Belmont Ave., Hood River, OR 97031; 541-386-1000. Please visit www.andersonstributecenter.com to leave a note of condolence for the family.
More like this story
- Letters to the Editor for Sept. 30
- Vital Content: The Web would be sparse landscape without newspapers
- Love Your Columbia In CL, tribal leaders lead salmon viewing Oct. 8
- Warm Springs tribe member describes Dakota pipeline experiences Oct. 4 at RCC
- Church Notes: ‘Die Wise’ book program starts Sunday at Riverside
- Ribbon cutting at Museum
- Mediation training at Six Rivers starts Oct. 6
- May Street celebrates Walk/Bike to School Day
- Food insecurity: 'Harvesting’ art exhibit, meal and public conversation in downtown HR Oct. 7
- 12th Street opens
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge