Wednesday, July 11, 2012
Delphia Isaac “Del” Goss, 88, passed from this life June 5, 2012, at his home, Adult Comfort Care, in Vancouver, Wash. He was born July 11, 9123, in Mt. Hood, Ore., to B.E. and “Donie” Goss, the seventh of nine children.
Graveside services were held June 9. A memorial service is planned for Aug. 10 at 2 p.m. at Attrell’s Funeral Chapel in Newberg. Contributions in his memory may be made to World English Institute, 1525 N.W. Division, Gresham, OR 97030.
Mildred Fey, 89, passed away on July 5, 2012, in Goldendale, Wash. She was born March 26, 1923, in Hood River, Ore., to William M. and Nora A. (Cole) Smith.
She is survived by daughters and sons-in-law Linda and Mike Kolesar and Barbara and Lance Cochran, of Goldendale; sons and daughters-in-law Mike and Annette Fey, of Bay City, Ore., and Gary and Dawn Fey, of Jaffrey, N.H.; nine grandchildren, 11 great-grandchildren, six step-grandchildren and five step-great-grandchildren.
A graveside service was held at Idlewilde Cemetery in Hood River on Tuesday, July 10. Columbia Hills Memorial Chapel handled arrangements.
Eula “Sandy” Williams passed away July 8, 2012, at her home in Hood River, Ore., surrounded by family. She was born Aug. 21, 1932, in Brownfield, Texas, to Norman M. and Beatrice C. (Murray) Chavis.
Arrangements are under the direction of Anderson’s Tribute Center (Funerals, Receptions, Cremations), 1401 Belmont Ave., Hood River, OR 97031; 541-386-1000. Please visit www.andersonstributecenter.com to leave a note of condolence for the family.
More like this story
- Service announcements for July 22:
- YESTERYEARS: New Safeway store on Second and Cascade expected in 1947
- Pritchett, Haskins to wed
- Roots and Branches: Cherry Harvest
- Pick of the Week: Children’s Park public meeting July 20
- Travelogue: Panama
- Another Voice: Juntos program ‘critical to success of students in their education’
- Editor's Notebook: By George, one’s own name is a basic sweet spot in your sense of identity
- Letters to the Editor for July 19
- Another Voice: Preserve our agricultural heritage by making Tanner Ranch a park
Peter Marbach hurries to save his tent from the wind
Peter Marbach comes to the rescue of his wind blown tent. Enlarge