Saturday, July 21, 2012
Rogers Carroll Wheatley, 85, passed away July 16, 2012, in Gresham, Ore. He was born Jan. 22, 1927.
Services are planned for 2 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 4, at the Cascade Locks Community Church, 15 Benson St. Please visit www.andersonstribute-center.com to read Rogers’ complete life story.
Arrangements are under the direction of Anderson’s Tribute Center (Funerals, Receptions, Cremations), 1401 Belmont Ave., Hood River, OR 97031; 541-386-1000.
Todd T. Smith
A celebration of life for Todd T. Smith, who died June 19, 2012, in Hood River, Ore., will be held at 1 p.m. Sunday, July 22, at Columbia Center for the Arts, 215 Cascade Ave., Hood River, in the CAST Theatre, with refreshments following.
Betty Jane Asbury, 87, passed away July 19, 2012, at the Hood River Care Center. She was born Nov. 26, 1924.
Arrangements are under the direction of Anderson’s Tribute Center (Funerals, Receptions, Cremations), 1401 Belmont Ave., Hood River, OR 97031; 541-386-1000. Please visit www.andersons-tributecenter.com to leave a note of condolence for family.
Bruce Weir, 96, a 40-year resident of Parkdale, passed away July 17, 2012, at the Parkhurst House in Hood River. He was born Jan. 24, 1916, in Bowman, N.D., to Richard and Mary (Higgins) Weir.
He is survived by his wife of 66 years, Barbara Krall.
More like this story
- Death Notices: Joyce Paulson; Barbara Weir
- Death Notices for July 18, 2012: Mary Jones; Rogers Wheatley; Sterling Kadlec
- Death Notice for Aug. 1, 2012: Sharon Duggan; Mary Harris; Janice Kaufman; Thomas Purdie; Albertina Quintanilla; Rogers Wheatley
- Death notice: Joann Klapprich
- Death notice: Iona Wonsyld
- Service Annoucement for July 30: Del Gierke
- Death Notice for July 30: James Perry
- Schools seek applicants for budget panel
- History Museum offers chance to ‘step back in time’
- Yesteryears: Hood River County Fair draws record crowds in 1986
- FFA, 4-H livestock auction July 29
- Burn ban? No problem, no smoke, if you have a ‘burn box’
- Friends of Mount Adams guide hikes on Sept. 10
- Gehrig’s Chevron hits 70 year mark
- Sheriff Log, July 17 to 23
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge