Saturday, June 30, 2012
Hood River Valley Swim Team standout Scott Bergstrom traveled to Omaha, Neb., this week to compete in the USA Swimming Olympic Trials. Bergstrom qualified for the trials in the 100 meter butterfly after posting a time standard earlier this month at a last-chance meet.
Bergstrom finished just shy of his personal best in the event, which put him at 113th overall.
Back home, HRVST practice was stopped so Bergstrom’s teammates could watch a live feed of his race.
“This has been a great experience for us,” said HRVST coach Shelly Rawding. “Athletes and coaches are treated like royalty, and being next to the swimmers who are going to the Olympics; seeing how they prepare for their races is a great learning expereince.”
More like this story
- Letters to the Editor for June 21
- Another Voice: New legislation is win-win for community college students
- Fight leads to reported stabbing in Cascade Locks
- Former Hood River resident dies in wreck on I-84
- Columbia sturgeon season returns
- High Prairie Firehouse Sale back this weekend
- Roots and Branches: High energy children and the belief to succeed
- Entertainment Update for June 21
- Loretta and Patsy: Together Again
- Sports briefs for June 21
Hood River Valley High School graduation 2017
Scenes from graduation of the class of 2017 at Hood River Valley High School Enlarge