Saturday, June 30, 2012
Hood River Valley Swim Team standout Scott Bergstrom traveled to Omaha, Neb., this week to compete in the USA Swimming Olympic Trials. Bergstrom qualified for the trials in the 100 meter butterfly after posting a time standard earlier this month at a last-chance meet.
Bergstrom finished just shy of his personal best in the event, which put him at 113th overall.
Back home, HRVST practice was stopped so Bergstrom’s teammates could watch a live feed of his race.
“This has been a great experience for us,” said HRVST coach Shelly Rawding. “Athletes and coaches are treated like royalty, and being next to the swimmers who are going to the Olympics; seeing how they prepare for their races is a great learning expereince.”
More like this story
- Library announces Odell bus service
- Learn the art of personal storytelling
- Steelhead, Chinook fishing clinic Feb. 27
- Help library win ‘Million Page Challenge’
- Church News: Nazarene’s install new pastor
- Letters to the Editor for Feb. 6
- MAILS and Marijuana: Legislators right to work to stamp out a bad, old regulation
- Entertainment Update for Feb. 6
- The Porch: Feb. 6
- ‘Pass The Pig’: HRVHS plans FFA Week events