Originally published March 3, 2012 at 12:00p.m., updated March 14, 2012 at 02:54p.m.
Four Hood River Valley basketball players wound up on all Columbia River Conference all-league teams for basketball this winter.
In addition both the HRV wrestling and cheer teams received academic honors.
Megan Winans and Logan Bailey both received second team honors for girls basketball.
For the HRV boys, Ryan Wheat received first team honors and Cody Walker was named to the second team.
The HRV cheer team led the Eagles in academics during the winter, finishing fifth in the 5A classification in the OSAA-Dairy Farmers of Oregon Academic All-State rankings with a team GPA of 3.50.
The Eagles placed eighth in the 5A small classification at the state competitive cheerleading competition last month.
The HRV wrestling team had all eight of its state placers, Andrew DeHart, Cesar Zarate, David Brunk, Nick Morgan, Juan Karlos Hernandez, Jessica DeHart, Frannie Ybarra and Katie Eddy, receive all-state honors through their finishes.
The Eagle wrestling team finished ninth academically in the 5A classification in the Academic All-State rankings with a team GPA of 3.09. They also finished ninth as a team at the state wrestling competition.
More like this story
- Update -- Police seeking man involved in kidnapping between Mosier, Portland
- Back to school for students in Hood River County
- Cascade Observations: Looking back, looking ahead
- HRV Health Center opens
- Wine takes center stage this week, weekend
- Yesteryears: Cornerstone laid at new St. Mark’s in 1925
- Entertainment Update for Sept. 2
- Columbia Gorge Discovery Center dedicates renewable energy exhibit
- Pet of the Week: Angelina loves car rides, long walks
- Public Records — Marriage Permits, July 31 to Aug. 31
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge