Sunday, March 4, 2012
Horizon Christian won the 1A boys state basketball title, its first, with a 58-46 win over McKenzie Saturday night in Baker City.
The victory gave the Hawks their first state title, and spoiled an attempt at a perfect season by the Eagles, who were 28-0 coming into the game.
Max Totaro led the Hawks with 22 points, while Matt Totaro and Sam Anthony had 14 each.
Kendell Reese led the Eagles with 25 points.
Look for more on the Hawks' championship victory Monday on hoodrivernews.com and Wednesday in the print edition of the Hood River News.
More like this story
- HRMS teacher studies in Germany
- Police Log, Aug. 17 to 23
- Sheriff Log, Aug. 14 to 24
- Soccer Assist: Kudos for thoughtful behind-scenes work
- Letters to the Editor for Aug. 29
- Editor's Notebook: Roanoke tragedy asks, ‘are we slaves to our technology?’
- Gorge Kids Tri adds music fest to lineup
- The Porch for Aug. 29
- Entertainment Update for Aug. 29
- Walmart sells 16.3 acres to Ryan’s Juice
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge