Sunday, March 4, 2012
Horizon Christian won the 1A boys state basketball title, its first, with a 58-46 win over McKenzie Saturday night in Baker City.
The victory gave the Hawks their first state title, and spoiled an attempt at a perfect season by the Eagles, who were 28-0 coming into the game.
Max Totaro led the Hawks with 22 points, while Matt Totaro and Sam Anthony had 14 each.
Kendell Reese led the Eagles with 25 points.
Look for more on the Hawks' championship victory Monday on hoodrivernews.com and Wednesday in the print edition of the Hood River News.
More like this story
- Library Tree
- Yesteryears: Phase one of new skate park slated to begin in September 1996
- Around the Gorge: Genealogy and more scheduled for Gorge-area venues
- ‘Rock, Paper, Scissors’ Friday
- Archers urged beware of fire dangers, note new regulations
- Idlewilde Cemetery ‘residents’ are not forgotten, thanks to Cemetery Tales
- Roots and Branches: Drums, song carry Minoru Yasui’s message forward
- Washington responders to get notice of oil train shipments
- Oregon Poet Laureate advising Celilo Park project
- Historic Highway trail piece opens Sept. 24
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge