Sunday, March 4, 2012
Horizon Christian won the 1A boys state basketball title, its first, with a 58-46 win over McKenzie Saturday night in Baker City.
The victory gave the Hawks their first state title, and spoiled an attempt at a perfect season by the Eagles, who were 28-0 coming into the game.
Max Totaro led the Hawks with 22 points, while Matt Totaro and Sam Anthony had 14 each.
Kendell Reese led the Eagles with 25 points.
Look for more on the Hawks' championship victory Monday on hoodrivernews.com and Wednesday in the print edition of the Hood River News.
More like this story
- ‘Operation Dry Water’ this weekend
- The Next Door marks 45 years
- Letter to the Editor for June 25
- No to oil trains
- Another Voice: Trains in the Columbia Gorge are going in the wrong direction
- Another Voice: Parks District should focus efforts on a west side site, not Barrett property
- HRV students earn Ford Foundation scholarships
- This summer, 'Have a Free Book'
- New varsity basketball coaches Christopher Dirks and Donnie Herneisen look to reinvigorate HRV program
- Sports Briefs for June 25
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge