Sunday, March 4, 2012
Horizon Christian won the 1A boys state basketball title, its first, with a 58-46 win over McKenzie Saturday night in Baker City.
The victory gave the Hawks their first state title, and spoiled an attempt at a perfect season by the Eagles, who were 28-0 coming into the game.
Max Totaro led the Hawks with 22 points, while Matt Totaro and Sam Anthony had 14 each.
Kendell Reese led the Eagles with 25 points.
Look for more on the Hawks' championship victory Monday on hoodrivernews.com and Wednesday in the print edition of the Hood River News.
More like this story
- Gratitude goes out for acts of help and hospitality
- Hood River Elks Lodge makes donation to Meals on Wheels
- Police Log, Sept. 28 to Oct. 4
- Public Records, Building Permits, County, September 2015
- Upset! HRV takes down The Dalles, clinches first play-in spot since 2012
- Sports Briefs for Oct. 10
- Quick start propels HRV girls soccer to victory over Hermiston
- Water polo teams poised to make runs at the state title
- Port begins lower Hanel mill ground work
- Letters to the Editor for Oct. 10
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge