Sunday, March 4, 2012
Horizon Christian won the 1A boys state basketball title, its first, with a 58-46 win over McKenzie Saturday night in Baker City.
The victory gave the Hawks their first state title, and spoiled an attempt at a perfect season by the Eagles, who were 28-0 coming into the game.
Max Totaro led the Hawks with 22 points, while Matt Totaro and Sam Anthony had 14 each.
Kendell Reese led the Eagles with 25 points.
Look for more on the Hawks' championship victory Monday on hoodrivernews.com and Wednesday in the print edition of the Hood River News.
More like this story
- Letters to the Editor for Sept. 30
- Vital Content: The Web would be sparse landscape without newspapers
- Love Your Columbia In CL, tribal leaders lead salmon viewing Oct. 8
- Warm Springs tribe member describes Dakota pipeline experiences Oct. 4 at RCC
- Church Notes: ‘Die Wise’ book program starts Sunday at Riverside
- Ribbon cutting at Museum
- Mediation training at Six Rivers starts Oct. 6
- May Street celebrates Walk/Bike to School Day
- Food insecurity: 'Harvesting’ art exhibit, meal and public conversation in downtown HR Oct. 7
- 12th Street opens
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge