Friday, March 9, 2012
Four Hood River Valley basketball players wound up on all Columbia River Conference all-league teams for basketball this winter.
In addition both the HRV wrestling and cheer teams received academic honors.
Megan Winans and Logan Bailey both received second team honors for girls basketball.
For the HRV boys, Ryan Wheat received first team honors and Cody Walker was named to the second team.
The HRV cheer team led the Eagles in academics during the winter, finishing fifth in the 5A classification in the OSAA-Dairy Farmers of Oregon Academic All-State rankings with a team GPA of 3.50.
The Eagles placed eighth in the 5A small classification at the state competitive cheerleading competition last month.
The HRV wrestling team had all eight of its state placers, Andrew DeHart, Cesar Zarate, David Brunk, Nick Morgan, Juan Karlos Hernandez, Jessica DeHart, Frannie Ybarra and Katie Eddy, receive all-state honors through their finishes.
The Eagle wrestling team finished ninth academically in the 5A classification in the Academic All-State rankings with a team GPA of 3.09. They also finished ninth as a team at the state wrestling competition.
More like this story
- Fun at the CGWA Beach Bash
- Yesteryears: Summer heatwave hits valley in 1936
- Roots and Branches: Grandkids, softball, memories
- ‘Before I Die’ encourages reflection
- Color Run for Haiti
- How does July 4, 2016, Stack Up?
- Keep fireworks legal, and safe
- Letters to the Editor for June 29
- ‘Weed of the Month for June’ is the invasive Scotch broom
- Pet of the Week: Jack is ‘full of energy and fun’
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge