Friday, March 9, 2012
Four Hood River Valley basketball players wound up on all Columbia River Conference all-league teams for basketball this winter.
In addition both the HRV wrestling and cheer teams received academic honors.
Megan Winans and Logan Bailey both received second team honors for girls basketball.
For the HRV boys, Ryan Wheat received first team honors and Cody Walker was named to the second team.
The HRV cheer team led the Eagles in academics during the winter, finishing fifth in the 5A classification in the OSAA-Dairy Farmers of Oregon Academic All-State rankings with a team GPA of 3.50.
The Eagles placed eighth in the 5A small classification at the state competitive cheerleading competition last month.
The HRV wrestling team had all eight of its state placers, Andrew DeHart, Cesar Zarate, David Brunk, Nick Morgan, Juan Karlos Hernandez, Jessica DeHart, Frannie Ybarra and Katie Eddy, receive all-state honors through their finishes.
The Eagle wrestling team finished ninth academically in the 5A classification in the Academic All-State rankings with a team GPA of 3.09. They also finished ninth as a team at the state wrestling competition.
More like this story
- Letters to the Editor for Sept. 30
- Vital Content: The Web would be sparse landscape without newspapers
- Love Your Columbia In CL, tribal leaders lead salmon viewing Oct. 8
- Warm Springs tribe member describes Dakota pipeline experiences Oct. 4 at RCC
- Church Notes: ‘Die Wise’ book program starts Sunday at Riverside
- Ribbon cutting at Museum
- Mediation training at Six Rivers starts Oct. 6
- May Street celebrates Walk/Bike to School Day
- Food insecurity: 'Harvesting’ art exhibit, meal and public conversation in downtown HR Oct. 7
- 12th Street opens
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge