Friday, March 16, 2012
Luetta Scherff, 100, of Hood River, Ore., died of age-related causes March 14, 2012, in Portland, Ore. She was born Dec. 27, 1911, in Jamestown, Mo., to Mr. and Mrs. Louis F. Miller.
Survivors include daughter and son-in-law Winetta and Ken Soderlind, and granddaughter Rebecca Soderlind, all of Portland, Ore.; brother Louis F. Miller Jr., of Jamestown, Mo., and sister Betty Jo Massengale, of Jefferson City, Mo.
Remembrances may be made to Asbury Methodist Church "Happy Hands."
Arrangements are under the direction of Anderson's Tribute Center, 1401 Belmont Ave., Hood River, OR 97031. Visit www.andersonstributecenter.com to leave a note of condolence for family.
More like this story
- Entertainment Updtae for May 28
- Death Notices for May 28: Carole Coreson, Lawrence Monaghan
- Highway brush fire in Hood River knocked down
- Yesteryears: Horizon Christian ‘changing skyscape’ with new building in 2006
- Teen pleads not guilty to stabbing HR woman
- Hearings begin this week on Longview coal terminal
- White River campground closed
- EnviroGorge announces bird quiz
- Letters to the Editor for May 25
- Santa Cruz, Fetkenhour April ‘Students of the Month’
Lawnmower torches Arbor Vitae on Portland Drive
The riding lawn mower driven by Norma Cannon overheated and made contact with dry arbor vitae owned by Lee and Norma Curtis, sending more than a dozen of the tightly-packed trees up in flames. The mower, visible at far right, was totaled. No one was injured; neighbors first kept the fire at bay with garden hoses and Westside and Hood River Fire Departments responded and doused the fire before it reached any structures. Westside Fire chief Jim Trammell, in blue shirt, directs firefighters. The video was taken by Capt. Dave Smith of Hood River Fire Department. Enlarge