Tuesday, March 27, 2012
From the Port of Hood River:
Utility line maintenance will require a full nighttime closure of the Hood River Interstate Bridge on Thursday, March 29, 2012. The closure will begin at 10:00 p.m. with the bridge re-opening at 4:30 a.m. on Friday morning.
No traffic will be allowed on the bridge during that period, except emergency vehicle responses being coordinated through area 9-1-1 operation centers. This delay and closure will allow utility crews to safely upgrade equipment in place on the bridge. Port crews will also be replacing bridge lights and performing other maintenance work.
For information on the bridge schedule, call the Port at (541) 386-1645.
More like this story
- Entertainment Update for Aug. 24
- Music Festival of the Gorge Sept. 17
- Cult-classic ‘Rocky Horror Show’ comes to the Gorge
- Audition for ‘Owen Meany’s Christmas Pageant’ Sept. 8, 10
- Marbach launches ‘Columbia – Source To Sea’ campaign
- As time — and transportation — move on, so does Hood River
- Yesteryears: Lost Lake, found, 56 years ago this summer — in 1936
- ‘Get Outside for Education’ Aug. 27
- Hood Crest goes from whim to solid rock ‘n wood winery
- YoHOHs spread summer cheer
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge