Tuesday, March 27, 2012
From the Port of Hood River:
Utility line maintenance will require a full nighttime closure of the Hood River Interstate Bridge on Thursday, March 29, 2012. The closure will begin at 10:00 p.m. with the bridge re-opening at 4:30 a.m. on Friday morning.
No traffic will be allowed on the bridge during that period, except emergency vehicle responses being coordinated through area 9-1-1 operation centers. This delay and closure will allow utility crews to safely upgrade equipment in place on the bridge. Port crews will also be replacing bridge lights and performing other maintenance work.
For information on the bridge schedule, call the Port at (541) 386-1645.
More like this story
- ‘Operation Dry Water’ this weekend
- The Next Door marks 45 years
- Letter to the Editor for June 25
- No to oil trains
- Another Voice: Trains in the Columbia Gorge are going in the wrong direction
- Another Voice: Parks District should focus efforts on a west side site, not Barrett property
- HRV students earn Ford Foundation scholarships
- This summer, 'Have a Free Book'
- New varsity basketball coaches Christopher Dirks and Donnie Herneisen look to reinvigorate HRV program
- Sports Briefs for June 25
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge