Tuesday, March 27, 2012
From the Port of Hood River:
Utility line maintenance will require a full nighttime closure of the Hood River Interstate Bridge on Thursday, March 29, 2012. The closure will begin at 10:00 p.m. with the bridge re-opening at 4:30 a.m. on Friday morning.
No traffic will be allowed on the bridge during that period, except emergency vehicle responses being coordinated through area 9-1-1 operation centers. This delay and closure will allow utility crews to safely upgrade equipment in place on the bridge. Port crews will also be replacing bridge lights and performing other maintenance work.
For information on the bridge schedule, call the Port at (541) 386-1645.
More like this story
- Newborn season: Fish and Wildlife says leave young wildlife in the wild
- Pool notes: Dollar open swim offered Memorial Day
- Entertainment Update for May 25
- Death announcement for May 23: Anna Olson
- Hood River Valley wins 5A boys track title
- Water bottling ban passes, legal questions remain
- Murder suspect bails out, gets jailed again
- On the Marks: Dist. 52 candidates talk next moves
- Women pastors lead all three UCC congregations in the Gorge
- Fresh Start Culinary Arts seeks applicants for summer
Lawnmower torches Arbor Vitae on Portland Drive
The riding lawn mower driven by Norma Cannon overheated and made contact with dry arbor vitae owned by Lee and Norma Curtis, sending more than a dozen of the tightly-packed trees up in flames. The mower, visible at far right, was totaled. No one was injured; neighbors first kept the fire at bay with garden hoses and Westside and Hood River Fire Departments responded and doused the fire before it reached any structures. Westside Fire chief Jim Trammell, in blue shirt, directs firefighters. The video was taken by Capt. Dave Smith of Hood River Fire Department. Enlarge