Saturday, March 31, 2012
Cascade Locks A commercial truck driver was uninjured Tuesday morning after losing control of his truck pulling three semi-trailers on Interstate 84 about 10 miles west of Cascade Locks. Two of the truck’s trailers rolled onto their side and a small amount of paint and herbicide spilled from containers.
The trailers were transporting paint, herbicide and other general freight. An estimated 20 gallons of paint and unknown amount of herbicide spilled from their containers.
A hazardous materials cleanup crew responded to assist.
The driver, 40-year-old Marcus Gwilliam, was cited for failure to maintain a lane of travel.
More like this story
- Service announcements for Dec. 2
- Death notices for Dec. 2
- On Stage for Christmas
- Gorge Kids in Action — filling a wish list for others
- Looking for fun? Try mini-golf this weekend
- Warm gifts: Parkhurst says thank you
- Hospice Youth thanks veterans for their service
- Lions grocery contest winners announced
- Columbia Art Center ‘Nook’ features artist Steve Stegall
- Letters to the Editor for Nov. 28
A live hive
A tree containing a live colony of bees blew down in a local family's front yard. Find out what happened next by reading the story here: bit.ly/1MJKdu2. Enlarge