Saturday, March 31, 2012
Cascade Locks A commercial truck driver was uninjured Tuesday morning after losing control of his truck pulling three semi-trailers on Interstate 84 about 10 miles west of Cascade Locks. Two of the truck’s trailers rolled onto their side and a small amount of paint and herbicide spilled from containers.
The trailers were transporting paint, herbicide and other general freight. An estimated 20 gallons of paint and unknown amount of herbicide spilled from their containers.
A hazardous materials cleanup crew responded to assist.
The driver, 40-year-old Marcus Gwilliam, was cited for failure to maintain a lane of travel.
More like this story
- Pick of the Week: Westside forum July 26
- Fair Time: HOOD RIVER COUNTY FAIR — ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW
- YESTERYEARS: ‘Lassie’ films in HR in 1947
- Daily Bread: Blame it on The Moon
- McAlexanders celebrate 50th anniversary
- Hood River Library hosts Death Café
- Police Log, July 17 to 23
- Sheriff Log, July 16 to 22
- Biologists give mixed news for Columbia steelhead
- Pet of the Week: Charlie is happy and playful
Peter Marbach hurries to save his tent from the wind
Peter Marbach comes to the rescue of his wind blown tent. Enlarge