Saturday, March 31, 2012
Cascade Locks A commercial truck driver was uninjured Tuesday morning after losing control of his truck pulling three semi-trailers on Interstate 84 about 10 miles west of Cascade Locks. Two of the truck’s trailers rolled onto their side and a small amount of paint and herbicide spilled from containers.
The trailers were transporting paint, herbicide and other general freight. An estimated 20 gallons of paint and unknown amount of herbicide spilled from their containers.
A hazardous materials cleanup crew responded to assist.
The driver, 40-year-old Marcus Gwilliam, was cited for failure to maintain a lane of travel.
More like this story
- Back to school for students in Hood River County
- Cascade Observations: Looking back, looking ahead
- HRV Health Center opens
- Wine takes center stage this week, weekend
- Yesteryears: Cornerstone laid at new St. Mark’s in 1925
- Entertainment Update for Sept. 2
- Columbia Gorge Discovery Center dedicates renewable energy exhibit
- Pet of the Week: Angelina loves car rides, long walks
- Public Records — Marriage Permits, July 31 to Aug. 31
- Sheriff's Log, Aug. 23 to 30
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge