Saturday, March 31, 2012
Cascade Locks A commercial truck driver was uninjured Tuesday morning after losing control of his truck pulling three semi-trailers on Interstate 84 about 10 miles west of Cascade Locks. Two of the truck’s trailers rolled onto their side and a small amount of paint and herbicide spilled from containers.
The trailers were transporting paint, herbicide and other general freight. An estimated 20 gallons of paint and unknown amount of herbicide spilled from their containers.
A hazardous materials cleanup crew responded to assist.
The driver, 40-year-old Marcus Gwilliam, was cited for failure to maintain a lane of travel.
More like this story
- Library Tree
- Yesteryears: Phase one of new skate park slated to begin in September 1996
- Around the Gorge: Genealogy and more scheduled for Gorge-area venues
- ‘Rock, Paper, Scissors’ Friday
- Archers urged beware of fire dangers, note new regulations
- Idlewilde Cemetery ‘residents’ are not forgotten, thanks to Cemetery Tales
- Roots and Branches: Drums, song carry Minoru Yasui’s message forward
- Washington responders to get notice of oil train shipments
- Oregon Poet Laureate advising Celilo Park project
- Historic Highway trail piece opens Sept. 24
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge