Wednesday, May 2, 2012
Billie Marsha Harlan, 68, passed away April 29, 2012, at her home in Hood River, Ore. She was born Nov. 28, 1943.
Services are pending with arrangements under the direction of Anderson’s Tribute Center (Funerals, Receptions, Cremations), 1401 Belmont Ave., Hood River, OR 97031; 541-386-1000.
Please visit www.andersons
tributecenter.com to leave a note of condolence for family.
Guy Keith Morse, 85, a former resident of the Cheyenne River community in the northern part of Niobrara County of Wyoming, passed away on Friday, April 20, 2012, at his home in Camp Verde, Ariz. Keith was born in Hot Springs, S.D., in 1927.
He is survived by his daughter, Susan Doroski; two grandsons, Michael Doroski and Cody Doroski, of Hood River Ore.; one sister, Erna J. Beal, of Oxen Hill, Md., two nieces and one nephew.
A life celebration is scheduled for 1 p.m. Sunday, May 6, at the Camp Verde Ramada, in Arizona.
More like this story
- Pick of the Week: Elks’ Oktoberfest returns Sept. 23
- Roots and Branches: There is no masking care
- YESTERYEARS: Odell Sanitation District opens bids for new plant in 1967
- Wy’east class of ’67 celebrates 50-year reunion
- Foster Parenting: Simple answers to a challenging task
- Success is one caring adult away
- Pet of the Week: Bojangles looking for an active family
- Letters to the Editor for Sept. 20 edition
- ‘Overwhelming enthusiasm’: Community comes together for firefighters
- Parkhurst Place plans ‘thank you’ this week for fire first responders
Governor visits Hood River during fire
Oregon Gov. Kate Brown visited Hood River Hotel Thursday morning, Sept. 14, discussing economic impacts of the Eagle Creek fire with local business leaders. Attendees included Sen. Chuck Thomsen, Mayor Paul Blackburn, and business representatives from Celilo Restaurant, Double Mountain Brewery and Cascade Locks' The Renewal Workshop. For updates on the fire, stay tuned at www.hoodrivernews.com. Enlarge