Wednesday, May 2, 2012
Billie Marsha Harlan, 68, passed away April 29, 2012, at her home in Hood River, Ore. She was born Nov. 28, 1943.
Services are pending with arrangements under the direction of Anderson’s Tribute Center (Funerals, Receptions, Cremations), 1401 Belmont Ave., Hood River, OR 97031; 541-386-1000.
Please visit www.andersons
tributecenter.com to leave a note of condolence for family.
Guy Keith Morse, 85, a former resident of the Cheyenne River community in the northern part of Niobrara County of Wyoming, passed away on Friday, April 20, 2012, at his home in Camp Verde, Ariz. Keith was born in Hot Springs, S.D., in 1927.
He is survived by his daughter, Susan Doroski; two grandsons, Michael Doroski and Cody Doroski, of Hood River Ore.; one sister, Erna J. Beal, of Oxen Hill, Md., two nieces and one nephew.
A life celebration is scheduled for 1 p.m. Sunday, May 6, at the Camp Verde Ramada, in Arizona.
More like this story
- White Salmon Valley PTO holds 25th annual silent auction April 28
- CarFit Technician training held April 30
- Raices annual plant sale May 13
- Letters to the Editor for April 22
- Church News: Carina Miller at Riverside, Nazarene Blossom Bazaar
- Scholarship Benefit Saturday
- HAHRC Beats: Enjoy food more while eating less
- Area Agency on Aging seeks to redefine volunteering during National Volunteer Week, April 23-29
- Día de los Niños celebration April 28
- Drug Take Back Day April 29 at Skyline
I Can't Keep Quiet singers at "Citizen Town Hall"
‘I can’t keep quiet,’ sing members of an impromptu choir in front of Hood River Middle School Saturday prior to the citizen town hall for questions to Rep. Greg Walden. The song addresses female empowerment generally and sexual violence implicitly, and gained prominence during the International Women’s Day events in January. The singers braved a sudden squall to finish their song and about 220 people gathered in HRMS auditorium, which will be the scene of the April 12 town hall with Rep. Greg Walden, at 3 p.m. Enlarge