Wednesday, May 2, 2012
The 61st Epsilon Sigma Alpha Oregon State Convention was held in Sun River April 20-22. Nine members from local chapter Delta Kappa and one guest attended the convention.
Delta Kappa was honored for its 45 years of service to ESA. When awards were presented, Delta Kappa took third place in Rushing and third place for Outstanding Chapter.
Debbie Sanguras received a gift for being Delta Kappa’s Outstanding Member. Sanguras will also be next year’s State Chaplain.
At the Sunday Memorial Service, Charlotte DeHart gave a presentation for deceased member Pennie Wiley.
With convention over, Delta Kappa is staying busy, working on a local St. Jude Research Hospital Radiothon June 7-8. A tag sale will be held May 16 and the annual Home Tour is set for September.
More like this story
- Citizen group rises to oppose Westside plan
- Defeat the Heat: Officials urge safe beach use, paddling preparedness
- Culvert repair project at Indian Creek will begin June 26
- Students from Hood River selected for China trip
- Vintage bridal gowns now on display at History Museum
- The Porch for June 24
- Art of Community revised
- Letters to the Editor for June 24
- Hang up and walk: Distracted pedestrians are on the rise
- U.S. Hwy 30 bridge work underway
Hood River Valley High School graduation 2017
Scenes from graduation of the class of 2017 at Hood River Valley High School Enlarge