Wednesday, May 2, 2012
The 61st Epsilon Sigma Alpha Oregon State Convention was held in Sun River April 20-22. Nine members from local chapter Delta Kappa and one guest attended the convention.
Delta Kappa was honored for its 45 years of service to ESA. When awards were presented, Delta Kappa took third place in Rushing and third place for Outstanding Chapter.
Debbie Sanguras received a gift for being Delta Kappa’s Outstanding Member. Sanguras will also be next year’s State Chaplain.
At the Sunday Memorial Service, Charlotte DeHart gave a presentation for deceased member Pennie Wiley.
With convention over, Delta Kappa is staying busy, working on a local St. Jude Research Hospital Radiothon June 7-8. A tag sale will be held May 16 and the annual Home Tour is set for September.
More like this story
- Boys soccer goes on the road and ties Hermiston
- Sports briefs for Oct. 21
- Kegler's Corner: Buck and Miller Shine
- Taste of Tsuruta benefit dinner Nov. 4 at Mt. Hood Winery
- HRVAC hosts harvest dinner Oct. 21
- Mosier Senior Center hosts Harvest Fair
- Blacksmith Bob Denman at District Garden Club meeting Oct. 28
- ‘Gen Silent’ film, workshop on Oct. 25
- ‘Gender, Dignity and Freedom’ Oct. 24: Gender identity panel
- Sheriff Log, Oct. 8 to 14
Sixth Annual Harvest Fest Pie Eating Contest
The sixth annual Pie Eating Contest at Hood River Harvest Fest is sponsored by the Chamber of Commerce and HRVHS youth service group Leaders for Tomorrow. HRVHS student Dylan Polewczyk won the 1-minute fruit-pie eating event. Key rule, as stated by Chamber President Jason Shaner, “You have to eat the pie, you can’t just dislocate it. We will be checking for pie dislocation.” Enlarge