Wednesday, May 2, 2012
The 61st Epsilon Sigma Alpha Oregon State Convention was held in Sun River April 20-22. Nine members from local chapter Delta Kappa and one guest attended the convention.
Delta Kappa was honored for its 45 years of service to ESA. When awards were presented, Delta Kappa took third place in Rushing and third place for Outstanding Chapter.
Debbie Sanguras received a gift for being Delta Kappa’s Outstanding Member. Sanguras will also be next year’s State Chaplain.
At the Sunday Memorial Service, Charlotte DeHart gave a presentation for deceased member Pennie Wiley.
With convention over, Delta Kappa is staying busy, working on a local St. Jude Research Hospital Radiothon June 7-8. A tag sale will be held May 16 and the annual Home Tour is set for September.
More like this story
- Two escape from state corrections
- Sports briefs for Aug. 16
- Lost boy found safe near Parkdale
- YESTERYEARS: Hottest August day ever recorded in 1977
- Design for a legacy
- Pick of the Week: Jim Lommasson at CCA
- The mural and Nate Chavez
- Letters to the Editor, Aug. 16 edition
- City of Hood River: Mayor asks Rep. Walden to ‘join our collective call’ on energy
- Power line fire doused Monday
Planet Fly at Pfriem
The band Planet Fly plays at Pfriem in an outdoor concert. Enlarge