Wednesday, May 2, 2012
Kari Ann Long and Jeffrey Jae Croke, both of Hood River, have announced their engagement. They will be married Aug. 19 in Cannon Beach, Ore.
The bride-to-be is the daughter of Brenda and Alex Mercado of The Dalles and Peter Littlefair, of Carson, Wash. She is a 2000 graduate of Hood River Valley High School and earned her degree in business and accounting from Columbia Gorge Community College in 2003. She is currently employed at The Pines 1852 in Hood River as wine retail/pourer, and as catering manager for Apple Valley BBQ.
The future groom is the son of Christine and Douglas Croke of Columbus, Miss., and Jeffrey and Deanna Wilson, of Grants Pass. He is a 1995 graduate of Heritage Academy in Columbus, Miss., and a 2000 graduate of Western Culinary Institute Le Cordon Blue. He is currently employed as a chef and caterer in Hood River.
More like this story
- Letters to the Editor for April 29
- Library District wins award for Odell Library Express project
- OSU spring plant sale canceled
- HRVHS music students win spots at state championships in May
- Summer youth employment at Next Door
- Patterson takes second at Oregon Speech event
- Delta Kappa marks 50 years, holds Spring Fling Bingo May 13
- Steelhead Robotics returns from World event
- Local students named to OSU honor roll
- Destination Imagination team prepares for Global Finals
I Can't Keep Quiet singers at "Citizen Town Hall"
‘I can’t keep quiet,’ sing members of an impromptu choir in front of Hood River Middle School Saturday prior to the citizen town hall for questions to Rep. Greg Walden. The song addresses female empowerment generally and sexual violence implicitly, and gained prominence during the International Women’s Day events in January. The singers braved a sudden squall to finish their song and about 220 people gathered in HRMS auditorium, which will be the scene of the April 12 town hall with Rep. Greg Walden, at 3 p.m. Enlarge