Wednesday, May 2, 2012
Kari Ann Long and Jeffrey Jae Croke, both of Hood River, have announced their engagement. They will be married Aug. 19 in Cannon Beach, Ore.
The bride-to-be is the daughter of Brenda and Alex Mercado of The Dalles and Peter Littlefair, of Carson, Wash. She is a 2000 graduate of Hood River Valley High School and earned her degree in business and accounting from Columbia Gorge Community College in 2003. She is currently employed at The Pines 1852 in Hood River as wine retail/pourer, and as catering manager for Apple Valley BBQ.
The future groom is the son of Christine and Douglas Croke of Columbus, Miss., and Jeffrey and Deanna Wilson, of Grants Pass. He is a 1995 graduate of Heritage Academy in Columbus, Miss., and a 2000 graduate of Western Culinary Institute Le Cordon Blue. He is currently employed as a chef and caterer in Hood River.
More like this story
- Sheriff Log, April 17 to 24
- Pet of the week: Dessa needs ‘room to use her hound nose’
- Letters to the editor for May 4
- ANOTHER VOICE: Passing countywide ordinance ‘is wrong’
- Yes to School Bond
- Going Solar: Amateur astronomer provides safe view of our nearest neighborhood star
- Yesteryears: Women challenged at the polls in 1916
- Sustainability Awards presented April 20
- Decker, Elzinga wed
- The Daily Bread: My Life in Dog Years
Lawnmower torches Arbor Vitae on Portland Drive
The riding lawn mower driven by Norma Cannon overheated and made contact with dry arbor vitae owned by Lee and Norma Curtis, sending more than a dozen of the tightly-packed trees up in flames. The mower, visible at far right, was totaled. No one was injured; neighbors first kept the fire at bay with garden hoses and Westside and Hood River Fire Departments responded and doused the fire before it reached any structures. Westside Fire chief Jim Trammell, in blue shirt, directs firefighters. The video was taken by Capt. Dave Smith of Hood River Fire Department. Enlarge