Wednesday, May 2, 2012
Kari Ann Long and Jeffrey Jae Croke, both of Hood River, have announced their engagement. They will be married Aug. 19 in Cannon Beach, Ore.
The bride-to-be is the daughter of Brenda and Alex Mercado of The Dalles and Peter Littlefair, of Carson, Wash. She is a 2000 graduate of Hood River Valley High School and earned her degree in business and accounting from Columbia Gorge Community College in 2003. She is currently employed at The Pines 1852 in Hood River as wine retail/pourer, and as catering manager for Apple Valley BBQ.
The future groom is the son of Christine and Douglas Croke of Columbus, Miss., and Jeffrey and Deanna Wilson, of Grants Pass. He is a 1995 graduate of Heritage Academy in Columbus, Miss., and a 2000 graduate of Western Culinary Institute Le Cordon Blue. He is currently employed as a chef and caterer in Hood River.
More like this story
- Boys soccer goes on the road and ties Hermiston
- Sports briefs for Oct. 21
- Kegler's Corner: Buck and Miller Shine
- Taste of Tsuruta benefit dinner Nov. 4 at Mt. Hood Winery
- HRVAC hosts harvest dinner Oct. 21
- Mosier Senior Center hosts Harvest Fair
- Blacksmith Bob Denman at District Garden Club meeting Oct. 28
- ‘Gen Silent’ film, workshop on Oct. 25
- ‘Gender, Dignity and Freedom’ Oct. 24: Gender identity panel
- Sheriff Log, Oct. 8 to 14
Sixth Annual Harvest Fest Pie Eating Contest
The sixth annual Pie Eating Contest at Hood River Harvest Fest is sponsored by the Chamber of Commerce and HRVHS youth service group Leaders for Tomorrow. HRVHS student Dylan Polewczyk won the 1-minute fruit-pie eating event. Key rule, as stated by Chamber President Jason Shaner, “You have to eat the pie, you can’t just dislocate it. We will be checking for pie dislocation.” Enlarge