Wednesday, May 2, 2012
Kari Ann Long and Jeffrey Jae Croke, both of Hood River, have announced their engagement. They will be married Aug. 19 in Cannon Beach, Ore.
The bride-to-be is the daughter of Brenda and Alex Mercado of The Dalles and Peter Littlefair, of Carson, Wash. She is a 2000 graduate of Hood River Valley High School and earned her degree in business and accounting from Columbia Gorge Community College in 2003. She is currently employed at The Pines 1852 in Hood River as wine retail/pourer, and as catering manager for Apple Valley BBQ.
The future groom is the son of Christine and Douglas Croke of Columbus, Miss., and Jeffrey and Deanna Wilson, of Grants Pass. He is a 1995 graduate of Heritage Academy in Columbus, Miss., and a 2000 graduate of Western Culinary Institute Le Cordon Blue. He is currently employed as a chef and caterer in Hood River.
More like this story
- Letters to the Editor for May 28
- Mercado del Valle opens June 2 in new location
- Marble and Shepherd are Elks Students of the Month for May
- Riverside UCC votes for fossil fuel divestment
- Sheriff Log, May 15 to 22
- Community Baby Shower June 4
- ‘Air Panther’ goes aloft
- HRV beats OES, Lincoln, to take sailing state championship
- HRV girls lax wins inaugural Navy championship
- HRV baseball routs Eagle Point in Battle of the Eagles, advances to quarterfinal matchup with Ashland
Lawnmower torches Arbor Vitae on Portland Drive
The riding lawn mower driven by Norma Cannon overheated and made contact with dry arbor vitae owned by Lee and Norma Curtis, sending more than a dozen of the tightly-packed trees up in flames. The mower, visible at far right, was totaled. No one was injured; neighbors first kept the fire at bay with garden hoses and Westside and Hood River Fire Departments responded and doused the fire before it reached any structures. Westside Fire chief Jim Trammell, in blue shirt, directs firefighters. The video was taken by Capt. Dave Smith of Hood River Fire Department. Enlarge