Wednesday, May 2, 2012
Hood River Valley High School girls lacrosse put the hurt on Central Catholic Monday evening in a crushing 15-5 at home victory. The win brings the team to 6-4 overall, with key games coming up against Wilson, Lincoln and Oregon Episcopal School; all of which the Eagles lost to in previous matchups and will need to take revenge on to have a chance at a post-season.
“I think we need to win two of those games to lock in our position for playoffs,” said coach Erin Currie. The team is currently in fourth place, and the top four teams advance past the regular season. “If we play together as a team, continue passing the ball and play great defense we will make it. It is going to be tough but we have the skills and talent to beat these teams.”
Currie noted these key players for Monday’s game: Ashley Sellner, Kayla Van Hoose and Gabby Dittenhofer.
The team hosts Wilson on Thursday, 6:30 p.m. at HRVHS.
More like this story
- Service Announcement for Oct. 26: Vernon Picking
- Death Notices for Oct. 26: Mary Stinson, Wilma Bolton, Kathleen Coffey, Thomas Pierce and Evelyn Helseth
- Letters to the Editor for Oct. 22
- Another Voice: Community of caring, and the public issue of homelessness
- ‘Catch Me If You Can’ opens next weekend
- Entertainment Update for Oct. 22
- Bridging Marine Park
- Death café at the library Oct. 26
- Halloween’s a Coming: Your Guide to Fun Oct. 29-31
- What’s the BUZZ on pollinators?
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge