Saturday, May 5, 2012
Calling on all Hood River families with teenage windsurfers:
Vela Resorts and Big Winds are helping to coordinate plans for 10 teenagers from Spain who will be visiting Hood River for the four weeks of July. The kids will be here to learn how to windsurf as well as to immerse themselves in the language and culture of life here in America.
Vela Resorts is helping the coordinators of this special travel-abroad program to seek out host families who are willing to invite one of the kids into their home. The kids will be around 16 years old, and are all from the Barcelona area. The goal is to find families with teenager kids who are also active-lifestyle windsurfers
“This is a great opportunity for Hood River teens and their families to make new friends from Spain ... with a great chance for a return and visit them in their country in the future,” said Karl Williams of Vela Resort.
Each of the host families will receive a gift certificate to Rosauers or Safeway for $500 to cover groceries for their “new” family member. The students will also have their own pocket money and medical insurance.
n Anyone interested in having a new member in your family this summer, contact Williams at Vela Resorts for more details:
email@example.com or 541-387-0431, ext. 253
More like this story
- Peace Walk: Take steps for a ‘safe future’ on Wednesday
- ‘We Love You to China and Back’: Community rallies for local family on July 31
- Mosier groundwater contaminated after derailment spill
- Stage set for new waterfront buildings
- Hood River Farmers’ Market offers local produce, more
- July 23 Stoked anniversary bash helps LymeLight
- Paving closes exit 62
- Foster parent recruitment meeting July 25 in TD
- Gaulke Dental joins Hood River Dental
- Rand Road water line
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge