Saturday, May 5, 2012
Calling on all Hood River families with teenage windsurfers:
Vela Resorts and Big Winds are helping to coordinate plans for 10 teenagers from Spain who will be visiting Hood River for the four weeks of July. The kids will be here to learn how to windsurf as well as to immerse themselves in the language and culture of life here in America.
Vela Resorts is helping the coordinators of this special travel-abroad program to seek out host families who are willing to invite one of the kids into their home. The kids will be around 16 years old, and are all from the Barcelona area. The goal is to find families with teenager kids who are also active-lifestyle windsurfers
“This is a great opportunity for Hood River teens and their families to make new friends from Spain ... with a great chance for a return and visit them in their country in the future,” said Karl Williams of Vela Resort.
Each of the host families will receive a gift certificate to Rosauers or Safeway for $500 to cover groceries for their “new” family member. The students will also have their own pocket money and medical insurance.
n Anyone interested in having a new member in your family this summer, contact Williams at Vela Resorts for more details:
email@example.com or 541-387-0431, ext. 253
More like this story
- Library announces Odell bus service
- Learn the art of personal storytelling
- Steelhead, Chinook fishing clinic Feb. 27
- Help library win ‘Million Page Challenge’
- Church News: Nazarene’s install new pastor
- Letters to the Editor for Feb. 6
- MAILS and Marijuana: Legislators right to work to stamp out a bad, old regulation
- Entertainment Update for Feb. 6
- The Porch: Feb. 6
- ‘Pass The Pig’: HRVHS plans FFA Week events