Wednesday, May 9, 2012
Hood River High School, “Home of the Blue Dragons,” will be celebrated at Hood River High School Revisited: All-Class Reunion, Aug. 11, from 1-4 p.m. All alumni, classmates, friends and family from the school’s years of operation, 1927-1970, are invited to attend.
Activities will take place in the auditorium and old gym at the school, now operating as Hood River Middle School, at 17th and May streets in Hood River. Admission is free; though donations will be gladly accepted.
If you are interested in being part of the afternoon program as a speaker or presenter, have memorabilia, photos to display or would like to take part in the organizing and planning for this event, contact Connie Smith, JC1931@aol.com or 541-386-3279, or Phil Hukari, firstname.lastname@example.org or 541-386-1516 or 541-490-7262; 2780 W. Prospect Ave., Hood River, OR 97031
The Class of 1969 is hosting a ‘60s social for all alumni (including 1970) at the Hood River Elks Lodge from 7-10 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 11. There will be an open bar, music from the 1950s, ‘60s and ‘70s, old friends and good times. Cover charge: $5.
All Blue Dragon classmates, friends and alumni are invited to attend.
All classes are also invited to a barbecue at Jackson Park, sponsored by the Hood River Volunteer Fire Department and the Hood River Valley High School Class of 1972 (celebrating a 40-year reunion). Begins at 11 a.m.
More like this story
- Entertainment Update for Aug. 24
- Music Festival of the Gorge Sept. 17
- Cult-classic ‘Rocky Horror Show’ comes to the Gorge
- Audition for ‘Owen Meany’s Christmas Pageant’ Sept. 8, 10
- Marbach launches ‘Columbia – Source To Sea’ campaign
- As time — and transportation — move on, so does Hood River
- Yesteryears: Lost Lake, found, 56 years ago this summer — in 1936
- ‘Get Outside for Education’ Aug. 27
- Hood Crest goes from whim to solid rock ‘n wood winery
- YoHOHs spread summer cheer
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge