Friday, May 11, 2012
Joe "Pep" Dolezal, 99, died at Lake Andes Health Care Center in Lake Andes, S.D., on May 7, 2012 at the age of 99 years and 8 months. He was born on Sept. 7, 1912, in Omaha, Neb., to Frank and Marie (Safranek) Dolezal.
A burial will be held later at Evergreen Memorial Gardens Cemetery in Vancouver, Wash. Arrangements are under the direction of Koehn Bros. Funeral Home in Lake Andes, 605-487-7631.
More like this story
- Death notices for Nov. 28
- Service announcement for Nov. 25
- Yesteryears: Postal Route 6 added to HR Postal Service 1975
- Art Sale and Show at CCA
- Wy’east lists first-quarter honor roll
- How to Help, updated for Nov. 25
- Friends of Mt. Adams host ‘Cougar Creek burn’ forum
- Freeze Frames
- Daily Bread: The parting gift
- Travelogue: Family’s two-year sojourn in Bangkok connects them to the people
A live hive
A tree containing a live colony of bees blew down in a local family's front yard. Find out what happened next by reading the story here: bit.ly/1MJKdu2. Enlarge