Friday, May 11, 2012
Joe "Pep" Dolezal, 99, died at Lake Andes Health Care Center in Lake Andes, S.D., on May 7, 2012 at the age of 99 years and 8 months. He was born on Sept. 7, 1912, in Omaha, Neb., to Frank and Marie (Safranek) Dolezal.
A burial will be held later at Evergreen Memorial Gardens Cemetery in Vancouver, Wash. Arrangements are under the direction of Koehn Bros. Funeral Home in Lake Andes, 605-487-7631.
More like this story
- CASA launches 2017 Playhouse Raffle
- YESTERYEARS: Ross, Daphne Hukari Animal Shelter opens in 2007
- ‘Guy, Guitar, Girl’: young actor seeks film support
- A ‘transforming gift’
- Author signing June 3 at HR Farmers’ Market
- Sports briefs for May 24
- Fresh and Local: Farmers Markets in the Gorge
- Gorge Scenic Area planning grant uncertain
- Wrong-way chase and arrest
- Ex-deputy sentenced for luring a minor
I Can't Keep Quiet singers at "Citizen Town Hall"
‘I can’t keep quiet,’ sing members of an impromptu choir in front of Hood River Middle School Saturday prior to the citizen town hall for questions to Rep. Greg Walden. The song addresses female empowerment generally and sexual violence implicitly, and gained prominence during the International Women’s Day events in January. The singers braved a sudden squall to finish their song and about 220 people gathered in HRMS auditorium, which will be the scene of the April 12 town hall with Rep. Greg Walden, at 3 p.m. Enlarge