Saturday, May 12, 2012
Marie Namba Asai, of Hood River, Ore., died May 10, 2012, at the age of 89.
Marie was born on March 5, 1923, in Portland, Ore.
A memorial service is planned March 5 at Mt. Hood Winery. A full obituary is planned for the next Hood River News.
Irvin Dade Eason, 58, passed away May 7, 2012, at his home in Hood River, Ore. He was born May 9, 1953.
Services are pending with arrangements under the direction of Anderson’s Tribute Center (Funerals, Receptions, Cremations), 1401 Belmont Ave., Hood River, OR 97031; 541-386-1000. Please visit www.andersonstribute-center.com to leave a note of condolence for family.
Darlene Ann Nodurft, 48, a resident of Mosier, Ore., died Wednesday, May 9, 2012, at her residence. Arrangements are pending at Spencer, Libby and Powell Funeral Home, 1100 Kelly Ave., The Dalles, OR 97058; 541-296-3234.
Joe “Pep” Dolezal, 99, died at Lake Andes Health Care Center in Lake Andes, S.D., on May 7, 2012 at the age of 99 years and 8 months. He was born on Sept. 7, 1912, in Omaha, Neb., to Frank and Marie (Safranek) Dolezal.
A burial will be held later at Evergreen Memorial Gardens Cemetery in Vancouver, Wash. Arrangements are under the direction of Koehn Bros. Funeral Home in Lake Andes, 605-487-7631.
More like this story
- Pick of the Week: Turkey Trot happens Thanksgiving morning
- YESTERYEARS: Hood River will soon have its own aviation school in 1927
- Christmas Project: Where and when to sign up, and how to help
- Lisa Muñoz: Talking steps toward broadening community
- Museum’s ‘Latino Experience’ on display through December
- Letters to the Editor for Nov. 22
- Another Voice: Grad Student Tax hinders diversity and innovation of higher education
- Remains Wall
- Oregon Parks takes input on adding tribal governments to veterans grant programs
- Sheriff Log, Nov. 5 to 18
Advertisement: The Men of Black Friday
The secret agents of Big Winds may not exactly be Tommy Lee Jones oand Will Smith, but they still discovered there is plenty of strangeness to be found in Hood River...especially once winter sets in. Enlarge