Wednesday, May 16, 2012
Noel Mellor, a graduate of Hood River Valley High School, was named to the dean’s list for the fall semester at The College of Wooster. Mellor, a first-year student, achieved a grade point average of 3.65 or above.
Jennifer (Jenny) Harvey-Smith of Hood River recently received her Master of Arts degree from LIOS Graduate College of Saybrook University in Kirkland, Wash. Harvey-Smith earned her degree in psychology: systems counseling through an intensive two-year program. LIOS, formerly the Leadership Institute of Seattle, has been educating leaders since 1969.
Selva Marroquin of Hood River, a member of the class of 2014, was named to Tufts University’s dean’s list for the fall 2011 semester.
Dean’s list honors at Tufts University require a semester grade point average of 3.4 or greater.
In February, Anna Jensen, from Hood River, was one of 1,371 students who were named to Biola University’s fall 2011 dean’s list for academic excellence.
Biola students are placed on the dean’s list to honor those with a grade point average of 3.6 or higher while enrolled in 12 or more credit units and whose cumulative grade point average is at least a 3.2.
More like this story
- HRVHS Speech and Debate finds tournament success
- Rocket building class Nov. 22
- Business Notes for Nov. 18
- Church News: Interfaith Thanksgiving service Nov. 20 in White Salmon
- Northwest author pens book of hunting stories
- HAHRC BEATS: Preventing type 2 diabetes begins with changes
- US Postal Service debuts Alzheimer’s fundraising stamp
- Oregon State Parks celebrate ‘Green Friday’
- Letters to the Editor for Nov. 18
- Kegler's Corner: Randy’s Painting Tops Industrial
Blasting on I84
Blasting on I84 Enlarge