Wednesday, May 16, 2012
Noel Mellor, a graduate of Hood River Valley High School, was named to the dean’s list for the fall semester at The College of Wooster. Mellor, a first-year student, achieved a grade point average of 3.65 or above.
Jennifer (Jenny) Harvey-Smith of Hood River recently received her Master of Arts degree from LIOS Graduate College of Saybrook University in Kirkland, Wash. Harvey-Smith earned her degree in psychology: systems counseling through an intensive two-year program. LIOS, formerly the Leadership Institute of Seattle, has been educating leaders since 1969.
Selva Marroquin of Hood River, a member of the class of 2014, was named to Tufts University’s dean’s list for the fall 2011 semester.
Dean’s list honors at Tufts University require a semester grade point average of 3.4 or greater.
In February, Anna Jensen, from Hood River, was one of 1,371 students who were named to Biola University’s fall 2011 dean’s list for academic excellence.
Biola students are placed on the dean’s list to honor those with a grade point average of 3.6 or higher while enrolled in 12 or more credit units and whose cumulative grade point average is at least a 3.2.
More like this story
- Citizen group rises to oppose Westside plan
- Defeat the Heat: Officials urge safe beach use, paddling preparedness
- Culvert repair project at Indian Creek will begin June 26
- Students from Hood River selected for China trip
- Vintage bridal gowns now on display at History Museum
- The Porch for June 24
- Art of Community revised
- Letters to the Editor for June 24
- Hang up and walk: Distracted pedestrians are on the rise
- U.S. Hwy 30 bridge work underway
Hood River Valley High School graduation 2017
Scenes from graduation of the class of 2017 at Hood River Valley High School Enlarge