Wednesday, May 16, 2012
Noel Mellor, a graduate of Hood River Valley High School, was named to the dean’s list for the fall semester at The College of Wooster. Mellor, a first-year student, achieved a grade point average of 3.65 or above.
Jennifer (Jenny) Harvey-Smith of Hood River recently received her Master of Arts degree from LIOS Graduate College of Saybrook University in Kirkland, Wash. Harvey-Smith earned her degree in psychology: systems counseling through an intensive two-year program. LIOS, formerly the Leadership Institute of Seattle, has been educating leaders since 1969.
Selva Marroquin of Hood River, a member of the class of 2014, was named to Tufts University’s dean’s list for the fall 2011 semester.
Dean’s list honors at Tufts University require a semester grade point average of 3.4 or greater.
In February, Anna Jensen, from Hood River, was one of 1,371 students who were named to Biola University’s fall 2011 dean’s list for academic excellence.
Biola students are placed on the dean’s list to honor those with a grade point average of 3.6 or higher while enrolled in 12 or more credit units and whose cumulative grade point average is at least a 3.2.
More like this story
- Author signing event at Waucoma Sept. 2
- Public records: Marriage permits, Aug. 1 to 22
- Pet of the Week: Bentley will make you wonder how you lived without him
- Genealogical Society meets Sept. 10
- ‘Our Whole Lives’ sexuality class for middle schoolers starts in fall
- A pastor called to a new house: Anna Carmichael of St. Mark's accepts position in California, passes Warming Shelter baton
- First Windermere golf tournament raises $6,000 for Stevenson Program
- Season Preview: Volleyball
- New teachers and licensed staff join Hood River County Schools
- Who says there’s no more summer fun?
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge