Wednesday, May 16, 2012
Noel Mellor, a graduate of Hood River Valley High School, was named to the dean’s list for the fall semester at The College of Wooster. Mellor, a first-year student, achieved a grade point average of 3.65 or above.
Jennifer (Jenny) Harvey-Smith of Hood River recently received her Master of Arts degree from LIOS Graduate College of Saybrook University in Kirkland, Wash. Harvey-Smith earned her degree in psychology: systems counseling through an intensive two-year program. LIOS, formerly the Leadership Institute of Seattle, has been educating leaders since 1969.
Selva Marroquin of Hood River, a member of the class of 2014, was named to Tufts University’s dean’s list for the fall 2011 semester.
Dean’s list honors at Tufts University require a semester grade point average of 3.4 or greater.
In February, Anna Jensen, from Hood River, was one of 1,371 students who were named to Biola University’s fall 2011 dean’s list for academic excellence.
Biola students are placed on the dean’s list to honor those with a grade point average of 3.6 or higher while enrolled in 12 or more credit units and whose cumulative grade point average is at least a 3.2.
More like this story
- ‘Operation Dry Water’ this weekend
- The Next Door marks 45 years
- Letter to the Editor for June 25
- No to oil trains
- Another Voice: Trains in the Columbia Gorge are going in the wrong direction
- Another Voice: Parks District should focus efforts on a west side site, not Barrett property
- HRV students earn Ford Foundation scholarships
- This summer, 'Have a Free Book'
- New varsity basketball coaches Christopher Dirks and Donnie Herneisen look to reinvigorate HRV program
- Sports Briefs for June 25
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge