Wednesday, May 23, 2012
The Columbia Gorge Windsurfing Association and Columbia Gorge Kiteboarding Association have been working together on a variety of issues over the last couple of years.
As a show of cooperation and mutual interests between the user groups, two joint work parties are planned for the near future: one this weekend at the popular state park in Rowena and another at Blackberry Beach — a new multi-use recreational site at the Port of Cascade Locks.
The cleanup is set for May 26, from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Volunteers of both groups are welcome.
A lot has been done on this project, and there’s a lot more to do. The site has great promise to be a top-notch new access point for a variety of user groups.
A work party is set for all day June 2. The site is located at the end of Industrial way; follow signs to Blackberry Beach.
More like this story
- Pet of the Week: Roxy is happy, friendly girl
- ‘Walk with Ease’ starts in September
- ‘Terrific Tale of Thumbelina’ Aug. 25 at Arts Center
- Police Log, Aug. 7 to 13
- ‘Wheels of Hope’ nominations sought
- Letters to the Editor for Aug. 19
- EDITOR’S NOTEBOOK: Two guys, one contested parking space, two police officers: one wonders
- Church News: St. Mary’s holds retirement party for Rev. Maag
- FILL THE BOOT
- 4-H Results, 2017 Hood River County Fair
Planet Fly at Pfriem
The band Planet Fly plays at Pfriem in an outdoor concert. Enlarge