Wednesday, May 23, 2012
The Columbia Gorge Windsurfing Association and Columbia Gorge Kiteboarding Association have been working together on a variety of issues over the last couple of years.
As a show of cooperation and mutual interests between the user groups, two joint work parties are planned for the near future: one this weekend at the popular state park in Rowena and another at Blackberry Beach — a new multi-use recreational site at the Port of Cascade Locks.
The cleanup is set for May 26, from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Volunteers of both groups are welcome.
A lot has been done on this project, and there’s a lot more to do. The site has great promise to be a top-notch new access point for a variety of user groups.
A work party is set for all day June 2. The site is located at the end of Industrial way; follow signs to Blackberry Beach.
More like this story
- A wish and a zip: Hawks Ridge residents enjoy adventure aloft
- Fascia findings: Acupuncturist Susan Froehlich attends international congress
- ‘Paws for a Cause’ event returns Oct. 15
- Public Records – Circuit Court, September 2015
- Public Records -- Building Permits, city
- Harmony of the Gorge invites women to sing for the holidays
- Providence seeks nominations for 2015 ‘Heart Of Gold’ award
- CHURCH NEWS: Revival in Parkdale, Odell, Hood River
- Learn about tours to support Providence scholarship fund
- Letters to the Editor for Oct. 3
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge