Wednesday, May 23, 2012
The Columbia Gorge Windsurfing Association and Columbia Gorge Kiteboarding Association have been working together on a variety of issues over the last couple of years.
As a show of cooperation and mutual interests between the user groups, two joint work parties are planned for the near future: one this weekend at the popular state park in Rowena and another at Blackberry Beach — a new multi-use recreational site at the Port of Cascade Locks.
The cleanup is set for May 26, from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Volunteers of both groups are welcome.
A lot has been done on this project, and there’s a lot more to do. The site has great promise to be a top-notch new access point for a variety of user groups.
A work party is set for all day June 2. The site is located at the end of Industrial way; follow signs to Blackberry Beach.
More like this story
- Letters to the Editor for June 21
- Another Voice: New legislation is win-win for community college students
- Fight leads to reported stabbing in Cascade Locks
- Former Hood River resident dies in wreck on I-84
- Columbia sturgeon season returns
- High Prairie Firehouse Sale back this weekend
- Roots and Branches: High energy children and the belief to succeed
- Entertainment Update for June 21
- Loretta and Patsy: Together Again
- Sports briefs for June 21
Hood River Valley High School graduation 2017
Scenes from graduation of the class of 2017 at Hood River Valley High School Enlarge