Wednesday, May 23, 2012
The Columbia Gorge Windsurfing Association and Columbia Gorge Kiteboarding Association have been working together on a variety of issues over the last couple of years.
As a show of cooperation and mutual interests between the user groups, two joint work parties are planned for the near future: one this weekend at the popular state park in Rowena and another at Blackberry Beach — a new multi-use recreational site at the Port of Cascade Locks.
The cleanup is set for May 26, from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Volunteers of both groups are welcome.
A lot has been done on this project, and there’s a lot more to do. The site has great promise to be a top-notch new access point for a variety of user groups.
A work party is set for all day June 2. The site is located at the end of Industrial way; follow signs to Blackberry Beach.
More like this story
- Peace Walk: Take steps for a ‘safe future’ on Wednesday
- ‘We Love You to China and Back’: Community rallies for local family on July 31
- Mosier groundwater contaminated after derailment spill
- Stage set for new waterfront buildings
- Hood River Farmers’ Market offers local produce, more
- July 23 Stoked anniversary bash helps LymeLight
- Paving closes exit 62
- Foster parent recruitment meeting July 25 in TD
- Gaulke Dental joins Hood River Dental
- Rand Road water line
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge