Wednesday, May 23, 2012
The Columbia Gorge Windsurfing Association and Columbia Gorge Kiteboarding Association have been working together on a variety of issues over the last couple of years.
As a show of cooperation and mutual interests between the user groups, two joint work parties are planned for the near future: one this weekend at the popular state park in Rowena and another at Blackberry Beach — a new multi-use recreational site at the Port of Cascade Locks.
The cleanup is set for May 26, from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Volunteers of both groups are welcome.
A lot has been done on this project, and there’s a lot more to do. The site has great promise to be a top-notch new access point for a variety of user groups.
A work party is set for all day June 2. The site is located at the end of Industrial way; follow signs to Blackberry Beach.
More like this story
- Library announces Odell bus service
- Learn the art of personal storytelling
- Steelhead, Chinook fishing clinic Feb. 27
- Help library win ‘Million Page Challenge’
- Church News: Nazarene’s install new pastor
- Letters to the Editor for Feb. 6
- MAILS and Marijuana: Legislators right to work to stamp out a bad, old regulation
- Entertainment Update for Feb. 6
- The Porch: Feb. 6
- ‘Pass The Pig’: HRVHS plans FFA Week events