Saturday, May 26, 2012
Cascade Locks A 66-year-old motorcyclist was transported to a Portland hospital after he was struck by a motorist in downtown Cascade Locks at about 1 p.m. Tuesday.
John Girgich of Kennewick was traveling eastbound in the 400 block of WaNaPa Avenue when a 1996 Honda Civic driven by Joseph Whitefoot of Carson struck him, according to Matt English of Hood River County Sheriff’s Department.
English said Whitefoot, 24, pulled out of a driveway on WaNaPa and hit Girgich. Whitefoot was cited for careless driving.
Girgich was taken by ambulance to Legacy Emanuel Hospital by Cascade Locks Fire Department ambulance. Oregon State Patrol also responded to the crash.
More like this story
- Pick of the Week: ‘Rosencrantz & Guildenstern Are Dead’ at CCA
- HR County Library District holds annual Unity Picnic to celebrate diversity, reading
- YESTERYEARS: Hood River pool facing possible closure in 1987
- Letters to the Editor for Aug. 23
- ANOTHER VOICE: Call on Gorge Commission to take a stand on coal transport pollution
- Entertainment Update for Aug. 23 edition
- Lions Fundraiser ‘Applerama’ in danger of cancellation
- The Ale List: Full Sail and Harrington team up with Red Ale
- ‘Sketchbook Project’ invites conversation
- poTENtial series continues at Center for Arts
Planet Fly at Pfriem
The band Planet Fly plays at Pfriem in an outdoor concert. Enlarge