Saturday, May 26, 2012
Cascade Locks A 66-year-old motorcyclist was transported to a Portland hospital after he was struck by a motorist in downtown Cascade Locks at about 1 p.m. Tuesday.
John Girgich of Kennewick was traveling eastbound in the 400 block of WaNaPa Avenue when a 1996 Honda Civic driven by Joseph Whitefoot of Carson struck him, according to Matt English of Hood River County Sheriff’s Department.
English said Whitefoot, 24, pulled out of a driveway on WaNaPa and hit Girgich. Whitefoot was cited for careless driving.
Girgich was taken by ambulance to Legacy Emanuel Hospital by Cascade Locks Fire Department ambulance. Oregon State Patrol also responded to the crash.
More like this story
- Back to school for students in Hood River County
- Cascade Observations: Looking back, looking ahead
- HRV Health Center opens
- Wine takes center stage this week, weekend
- Yesteryears: Cornerstone laid at new St. Mark’s in 1925
- Entertainment Update for Sept. 2
- Columbia Gorge Discovery Center dedicates renewable energy exhibit
- Pet of the Week: Angelina loves car rides, long walks
- Public Records — Marriage Permits, July 31 to Aug. 31
- Sheriff's Log, Aug. 23 to 30
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge