Saturday, May 26, 2012
Cascade Locks A 66-year-old motorcyclist was transported to a Portland hospital after he was struck by a motorist in downtown Cascade Locks at about 1 p.m. Tuesday.
John Girgich of Kennewick was traveling eastbound in the 400 block of WaNaPa Avenue when a 1996 Honda Civic driven by Joseph Whitefoot of Carson struck him, according to Matt English of Hood River County Sheriff’s Department.
English said Whitefoot, 24, pulled out of a driveway on WaNaPa and hit Girgich. Whitefoot was cited for careless driving.
Girgich was taken by ambulance to Legacy Emanuel Hospital by Cascade Locks Fire Department ambulance. Oregon State Patrol also responded to the crash.
More like this story
- Hey, Dustin, The Wearhouse has your jacket
- Death notices for July 2: Floyd Carter and Michael Hill
- Service Announcement for July 1: Ellis Tanner
- Fun at the CGWA Beach Bash
- Yesteryears: Summer heatwave hits valley in 1936
- Roots and Branches: Grandkids, softball, memories
- ‘Before I Die’ encourages reflection
- Color Run for Haiti
- Keep fireworks legal, and safe
- Letters to the Editor for June 29
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge