Saturday, May 26, 2012
Cascade Locks A 66-year-old motorcyclist was transported to a Portland hospital after he was struck by a motorist in downtown Cascade Locks at about 1 p.m. Tuesday.
John Girgich of Kennewick was traveling eastbound in the 400 block of WaNaPa Avenue when a 1996 Honda Civic driven by Joseph Whitefoot of Carson struck him, according to Matt English of Hood River County Sheriff’s Department.
English said Whitefoot, 24, pulled out of a driveway on WaNaPa and hit Girgich. Whitefoot was cited for careless driving.
Girgich was taken by ambulance to Legacy Emanuel Hospital by Cascade Locks Fire Department ambulance. Oregon State Patrol also responded to the crash.
More like this story
- On Stage for Christmas
- Gorge Kids in Action — filling a wish list for others
- Looking for fun? Try mini-golf this weekend
- Warm gifts: Parkhurst says thank you
- Hospice Youth thanks veterans for their service
- Lions grocery contest winners announced
- Columbia Art Center ‘Nook’ features artist Steve Stegall
- Letters to the Editor for Nov. 28
- Minoru Yasui: Governor adds to Hood River native’s Presidential Medal of Freedom honor
- Class of ’66 seeks classmates
A live hive
A tree containing a live colony of bees blew down in a local family's front yard. Find out what happened next by reading the story here: bit.ly/1MJKdu2. Enlarge