Saturday, May 26, 2012
Cascade Locks A 66-year-old motorcyclist was transported to a Portland hospital after he was struck by a motorist in downtown Cascade Locks at about 1 p.m. Tuesday.
John Girgich of Kennewick was traveling eastbound in the 400 block of WaNaPa Avenue when a 1996 Honda Civic driven by Joseph Whitefoot of Carson struck him, according to Matt English of Hood River County Sheriff’s Department.
English said Whitefoot, 24, pulled out of a driveway on WaNaPa and hit Girgich. Whitefoot was cited for careless driving.
Girgich was taken by ambulance to Legacy Emanuel Hospital by Cascade Locks Fire Department ambulance. Oregon State Patrol also responded to the crash.
More like this story
- UPDATE: Southeast Mt. Hood fire grows to 60 acres
- Service announcement for Oct. 10
- Death notices for Oct. 7
- HRV’s House: Henderson Community Stadium celebrates its 20th anniversary
- Gorge Soup adds ‘Visual Arts’ event
- Mosqueda, Weber wed in railside ceremony
- Helicopter photos: Graves, Krenz marry
- Clark, Engel marry in Pine Grove
- All you need is ... to come on the Magical History Tour
- Yesteryears: Lower valley apple harvest in full swing in 1945
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge