Saturday, May 26, 2012
The Columbia Gorge Windsurfing Association and Columbia Gorge Kiteboarding Association have been working together on a variety of issues over the last couple of years.
As a show of cooperation and mutual interests between the user groups, two joint work parties are planned for the near future: one this weekend at the popular state park in Rowena and another at Blackberry Beach — a new multi-use recreational site at the Port of Cascade Locks.
The cleanup is set for May 26, from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Volunteers of both groups are welcome.
A lot has been done on this project, and there’s a lot more to do. The site has great promise to be a top-notch new access point for a variety of user groups.
A work party is set for all day June 2. The site is located at the end of Industrial way; follow signs to Blackberry Beach.
More like this story
- Letters to the Editor for Oct. 22
- Another Voice: Community of caring, and the public issue of homelessness
- ‘Catch Me If You Can’ opens next weekend
- Entertainment Update for Oct. 22
- Bridging Marine Park
- Death café at the library Oct. 26
- Halloween’s a Coming: Your Guide to Fun Oct. 29-31
- What’s the BUZZ on pollinators?
- Q and A: HR City Council candidate question and answer
- Sports Briefs for Oct. 22
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge