Saturday, May 26, 2012
The Columbia Gorge Windsurfing Association and Columbia Gorge Kiteboarding Association have been working together on a variety of issues over the last couple of years.
As a show of cooperation and mutual interests between the user groups, two joint work parties are planned for the near future: one this weekend at the popular state park in Rowena and another at Blackberry Beach — a new multi-use recreational site at the Port of Cascade Locks.
The cleanup is set for May 26, from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Volunteers of both groups are welcome.
A lot has been done on this project, and there’s a lot more to do. The site has great promise to be a top-notch new access point for a variety of user groups.
A work party is set for all day June 2. The site is located at the end of Industrial way; follow signs to Blackberry Beach.
More like this story
- Columbia Gorge Express bus starts Memorial Day weekend
- Missing woman reported, last seen in Stevenson
- Mad Hatter’s Tea Party fun
- Memorial Day Weekend events … and beyond
- DRAGON DASH
- Acute story
- Memorial Day service, May 29 at Idlewilde
- Sports briefs for May 27
- Columbia Gorge Genealogical Society meets June 10 at Discovery Center
- The Dalles museums offer free admission for military
Hood River firefighters battle Heights blaze
Hood River firefighters tackled an early morning fire at an answering service in the Heights Wednesday morning. The 1 a.m fire was caused by an electrical panel and eventually gutted the office. Enlarge