Saturday, May 26, 2012
The Columbia Gorge Windsurfing Association and Columbia Gorge Kiteboarding Association have been working together on a variety of issues over the last couple of years.
As a show of cooperation and mutual interests between the user groups, two joint work parties are planned for the near future: one this weekend at the popular state park in Rowena and another at Blackberry Beach — a new multi-use recreational site at the Port of Cascade Locks.
The cleanup is set for May 26, from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Volunteers of both groups are welcome.
A lot has been done on this project, and there’s a lot more to do. The site has great promise to be a top-notch new access point for a variety of user groups.
A work party is set for all day June 2. The site is located at the end of Industrial way; follow signs to Blackberry Beach.
More like this story
- Aporkalypse: Bacon contest fattens coffers at Helping Hands
- The Ale List: ‘Zwickelmania’ returns, Full Sail taps Wheatwine
- YESTERYEARS: DaKine, Pro Motion relocating to Hood River in 1986
- Cascade Observations: Sweetness of Winter
- Parenting program starts in Cascade Locks
- Second Saturday will be all about pilots
- Five Gorge wines earn medals
- Revenue steps up fraud, identity theft prevention
- Father of the Bride
- City, county support affordable housing bill