Saturday, May 26, 2012
The Columbia Gorge Windsurfing Association and Columbia Gorge Kiteboarding Association have been working together on a variety of issues over the last couple of years.
As a show of cooperation and mutual interests between the user groups, two joint work parties are planned for the near future: one this weekend at the popular state park in Rowena and another at Blackberry Beach — a new multi-use recreational site at the Port of Cascade Locks.
The cleanup is set for May 26, from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Volunteers of both groups are welcome.
A lot has been done on this project, and there’s a lot more to do. The site has great promise to be a top-notch new access point for a variety of user groups.
A work party is set for all day June 2. The site is located at the end of Industrial way; follow signs to Blackberry Beach.
More like this story
- HRMS teacher studies in Germany
- Police Log, Aug. 17 to 23
- Sheriff Log, Aug. 14 to 24
- Soccer Assist: Kudos for thoughtful behind-scenes work
- Letters to the Editor for Aug. 29
- Editor's Notebook: Roanoke tragedy asks, ‘are we slaves to our technology?’
- Gorge Kids Tri adds music fest to lineup
- The Porch for Aug. 29
- Entertainment Update for Aug. 29
- Walmart sells 16.3 acres to Ryan’s Juice
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge