Friday, November 2, 2012
Members of the Odell Methodist Church invite the community to come and join them for a free community Harvest Dinner on Nov. 10, 5 p.m. in the fellowship hall.
Everyone is welcome; bring a side dish if you’d like — or simply come and partake of the bounty.
The congregation holds its annual Celebrate the Harvest worship on Nov. 11, 10 a.m.
Food and cash gifts to FISH will be collected both days.
“We are so grateful for the bounty the Lord has provided, and the hard work of those who gather it in,” said Pastor Christy Matson.
More like this story
- ‘Honoring Those Who Have Served’: May 30, 11 a.m., Memorial Day Service
- Entertainment Update for May 28
- Death Notices for May 28: Carole Coreson, Lawrence Monaghan
- Highway brush fire in Hood River knocked down
- Yesteryears: Horizon Christian ‘changing skyscape’ with new building in 2006
- Teen pleads not guilty to stabbing HR woman
- Hearings begin this week on Longview coal terminal
- White River campground closed
- EnviroGorge announces bird quiz
- Letters to the Editor for May 25
Lawnmower torches Arbor Vitae on Portland Drive
The riding lawn mower driven by Norma Cannon overheated and made contact with dry arbor vitae owned by Lee and Norma Curtis, sending more than a dozen of the tightly-packed trees up in flames. The mower, visible at far right, was totaled. No one was injured; neighbors first kept the fire at bay with garden hoses and Westside and Hood River Fire Departments responded and doused the fire before it reached any structures. Westside Fire chief Jim Trammell, in blue shirt, directs firefighters. The video was taken by Capt. Dave Smith of Hood River Fire Department. Enlarge