Friday, November 2, 2012
Members of the Odell Methodist Church invite the community to come and join them for a free community Harvest Dinner on Nov. 10, 5 p.m. in the fellowship hall.
Everyone is welcome; bring a side dish if you’d like — or simply come and partake of the bounty.
The congregation holds its annual Celebrate the Harvest worship on Nov. 11, 10 a.m.
Food and cash gifts to FISH will be collected both days.
“We are so grateful for the bounty the Lord has provided, and the hard work of those who gather it in,” said Pastor Christy Matson.
More like this story
- Boys soccer goes on the road and ties Hermiston
- Sports briefs for Oct. 21
- Kegler's Corner: Buck and Miller Shine
- Taste of Tsuruta benefit dinner Nov. 4 at Mt. Hood Winery
- HRVAC hosts harvest dinner Oct. 21
- Mosier Senior Center hosts Harvest Fair
- Blacksmith Bob Denman at District Garden Club meeting Oct. 28
- ‘Gen Silent’ film, workshop on Oct. 25
- ‘Gender, Dignity and Freedom’ Oct. 24: Gender identity panel
- Sheriff Log, Oct. 8 to 14
Sixth Annual Harvest Fest Pie Eating Contest
The sixth annual Pie Eating Contest at Hood River Harvest Fest is sponsored by the Chamber of Commerce and HRVHS youth service group Leaders for Tomorrow. HRVHS student Dylan Polewczyk won the 1-minute fruit-pie eating event. Key rule, as stated by Chamber President Jason Shaner, “You have to eat the pie, you can’t just dislocate it. We will be checking for pie dislocation.” Enlarge