Tuesday, November 6, 2012
River of Life Assembly is launching a new book, “Voices from the Valley,” Nov. 11 in its 10:30 a.m. service.
Join six real people from the Hood River Valley as they emerge from pain and despair to lives they never dreamed they could have.
The theme of the book is: When life has us in the valley, it’s hard to look up at the mountaintop and believe we will ever reach its peak again. Challenges seem to keep us down, sap our strength and leave us in despair. But though we may be knocked down, we don’t have to stay down.
River of Life Assembly is located at 979 Tucker Road, Hood River.
The community is welcome to attend.
More like this story
- YESTERYEARS: New Safeway store on Second and Cascade expected in 1947
- Pritchett, Haskins to wed
- Roots and Branches: Cherry Harvest
- Pick of the Week: Children’s Park public meeting July 20
- Travelogue: Panama
- Another Voice: Juntos program ‘critical to success of students in their education’
- Editor's Notebook: By George, one’s own name is a basic sweet spot in your sense of identity
- Letters to the Editor for July 19
- Another Voice: Preserve our agricultural heritage by making Tanner Ranch a park
- The comfort of quilts: Comfort Quilt Project underway at Providence Hood River Memorial Hospital
Peter Marbach hurries to save his tent from the wind
Peter Marbach comes to the rescue of his wind blown tent. Enlarge