Tuesday, November 6, 2012
River of Life Assembly is launching a new book, “Voices from the Valley,” Nov. 11 in its 10:30 a.m. service.
Join six real people from the Hood River Valley as they emerge from pain and despair to lives they never dreamed they could have.
The theme of the book is: When life has us in the valley, it’s hard to look up at the mountaintop and believe we will ever reach its peak again. Challenges seem to keep us down, sap our strength and leave us in despair. But though we may be knocked down, we don’t have to stay down.
River of Life Assembly is located at 979 Tucker Road, Hood River.
The community is welcome to attend.
More like this story
- Pick of the Week: Turkey Trot happens Thanksgiving morning
- YESTERYEARS: Hood River will soon have its own aviation school in 1927
- Christmas Project: Where and when to sign up, and how to help
- Lisa Muñoz: Talking steps toward broadening community
- Museum’s ‘Latino Experience’ on display through December
- Letters to the Editor for Nov. 22
- Another Voice: Grad Student Tax hinders diversity and innovation of higher education
- Remains Wall
- Oregon Parks takes input on adding tribal governments to veterans grant programs
- Sheriff Log, Nov. 5 to 18
Advertisement: The Men of Black Friday
The secret agents of Big Winds may not exactly be Tommy Lee Jones oand Will Smith, but they still discovered there is plenty of strangeness to be found in Hood River...especially once winter sets in. Enlarge