Tuesday, November 6, 2012
WorkSource Oregon’s statewide job bank is now accessible on mobile devices.
On the website WorkInOregon.jobs Oregonians have access to job listings 24/7 anywhere there is Internet access.
And, WorkInOregon-Veterans.jobs allows military veterans the opportunity to search job openings in Oregon by their military job title or code.
Job opportunities can be searched by city, employer name and keyword. These sites only list available jobs from employers verified by WorkSource Oregon. This means each job listing on WorkInOregon.jobs and WorkInOregon-Veterans.jobs is a valid job opening.
WorkSource Oregon worked with the nonprofit employer group DirectEmployers Association and the National Labor Exchange to create WorkInOregon.jobs and WorkInOregon-Veterans.jobs.
A job seeker does not have to be registered with WorkSource Oregon in order to take advantage of these new tools, enabling more job seekers access to the thousands of openings featured on the sites.
More like this story
- Yesteryears: Postal Route 6 added to HR Postal Service 1975
- Art Sale and Show at CCA
- Wy’east lists first-quarter honor roll
- How to Help, updated for Nov. 25
- Friends of Mt. Adams host ‘Cougar Creek burn’ forum
- Freeze Frames
- Daily Bread: The parting gift
- Travelogue: Family’s two-year sojourn in Bangkok connects them to the people
- Ornament sale benefits Big Brothers Big Sisters
- Gorge Owned presents ‘Glacier Caves of the Pacific Northwest’
A live hive
A tree containing a live colony of bees blew down in a local family's front yard. Find out what happened next by reading the story here: bit.ly/1MJKdu2. Enlarge